Sunday, May 23, 2021

Live A Hero The Knight and Ruins Adventure Episode 4 (Abridged)

(Note: The rest of this event will be summarized in an abridged format because I don't think it's that interesting overall and because I need to catch up between the other projects I'm working on. I hope you still enjoy.)

Rutilix (narrating): I was always SO jealous when I hear stories about my dad and other knights doing their things. Y'know, like defeating bad dragons and coming back to cheering crowds. God, I wanna be a hero defending the kingdom like that! Then I passed the entrance exam! But then my parents and brothers starting looking worried about me. 
Soldier A: Eh lads, look it's the potato eater come to get in our way 
Soldier B: Pfffft, dumb git fell off him dorc like a prat and the boss had ta lecture 'im 
Soldier C: potato boy getting too big for his breeches sticking his nose in business he can't handle 
Soldier D: god, we's the ones who gotta clean up after his mess. Tosser. 
Rutilix: (sad cat noises) 
Soldier E: lookit the pig stuffing his face. oh rite he's a cat. There's that shamelessness what got him in. 
Soldier F: Hey maybe it is because he's a cat. King likes him for SOME reason. Does he, y'know... 
Rutilix: no I got in fair and square and not because of what I am! FIGHT ME! 
Soldier Whatshisface: omg don't pull your sword out here!
 
Later 
Knight Captain: jail tonight for you. Stop fighting with the other knights. 
Rutilix: uh captain can I ask you about sword training 
Knight Captain: no. You're all supposed to be working together even if they taunt you. Chill first, ugh. Bye. 
Rutilix: okay... 
Rutilix (narrating): I'm the youngest son of a minor noble. Dad spent all his time on my oldest brother, so I had to teach myself fencing. So I tried my hardest to enlist as a real knight. But no one liked me because I keep running into fights, haven't achieved any successes, and am a hothead. Even someone stupid as me could tell I was stuck in a rut. 
Rutilix: God why has my work gone so wrong all this time. Okay fine! Moar practice swings! And one...!  
Elsewhere 
Alphecca: oh Rutilix 

Title card: Investigation
 
The party attempts to navigate the maze using Marfik's already out of date hand drawn map. 
Akashi: oh no another dead end 
Marfik: well damn, time to find a new way (keeps drawing in map) 
Marfik: looks like every way leads further in 
MC: Will we be okay?
Marfik: (shrug) 
Rutilix: but we haven't seen any since we saw you 
Akashi: any...what? 
Rutilix: monsters. a bunch attacked me and the king earlier while we were walking around. 
Alphecca: none have shown up here though. maybe the encounter rate goes up in a new area. 
Akashi: but do they really show up here? no one else is around 
Marfik: I know, that's so weird. Something is UP with this place. Must have something to do with heroes, monsters, and Observers 
MC: Scary... / Curious professor is curious / Cool! 
(C) Akashi: wow, you really are born to be an explorer or adventurer 

Akashi: Hey Professor why are you still in that getup? Doesn't staying in hero mode get tiring? 
Marfik: oh this? I really like it. If it doesn't bother MC to keep it up, then I wanna keep it on. It's fiiiine lol 
Akashi: I-I guess. Man what does he eat to have so much stamina 
Alphecca: Wow Marfik you're buff for an old man 
Marfik: You flatter me so. Let's keep going! 
Alphecca: Indeed! 
Akashi: does he not realize how dangerous this place is 
Rutilix: I wish 
Akashi: Wow we agree. Big talk from a kid like you. 
Rutilix: I am NOT a kid, I am 17! And I'm not agreeing with you, bastard! 
Akashi: Bitch I'm four years older than you, you can't talk to me like that! 
Rutilix: You're older!? Sorry I thought you were younger than me 
Akashi: lITTLE bITCH
 
MC: guys stop fighting 
Rutilix: oh, I'm sorry you had to see that. Please be careful you don't trip in the dark. 
Akashi: how come you treat us so differently!? 
Rutilix: Of course I would. They're important in a battle and deserve respect. Now shut up and come along. 
Akashi: I'MMA BOP HIM OVER THE HEAD 
MC: C-c'mon / wow this place is so different from Earth
 
Later 
Alphecca: another dead end 
Rutilix: hey wait I think we saw this wall earlier 
Alphecca: hey that's right. Same stone slab we saw earlier. 
MC: where? 
Rutilix: here. Look, this part is dark unlike everywhere else. 
(There's some faint packed writing down there) 
Akashi: can you guys read it? 
Alphecca: hmm. no. we don't use this writing. 
Rutilix: I think I saw it in a history book 
Akashi: o-oh. this would be where we'd find a hint if this were a game. 
MC: that'd be so convenient / IF we could read it anyway 

Marfik: MY TIME HAS COME lemme see...hmm yes. Ancient Southwest Endoira script. 
Akashi: wat 
Marfik: Endoira's the name of this planet. where's that dictionary I brought...oh wait hero magic means I can do this now (holds lit lantern up to wall) 
MC: the wall is glowing! 
Rutilix: what manner of sorcery is this!? 
Marfik: I have a magic translator lantern now
 
Marfik: huh. Akashi, Rutilix, pull out that one rock down there and stick it in the wall slot
Akashi: why!?
Marfik: you're young! also this says it needs someone strong. Good luck with that, we'll step back!
Akashi, Rutilix: fiiiine (pulls out rock)
Akashi: OMG this wall is gonna fall on us!
Rutilix: and the rock's so heavy!
Marfik: hurry it up boys!
Akashi, Rutilix: AAAAAA
MC: oh the collapse stopped
 
(Wall tips over)
Akashi, Rutilix: AAAAAA (runs away)
MC: look there's a path up ahead / what is this Indiana Jones crap
Marfik: sorry the directions say you had to be that strong to make the wall open and get out of it alive
Akashi, Rutilix: I thought I was gonna die!
Marfik, Alphecca: well done boys! (claps)
Rutilix: o-oh...
Akashi: simp 

Alphecca: hey wait I hear something
(You've encountered wild Monsters!)
Rutilix: stand back your highness, MC! Rutilix Charge!
Akashi: but you haven't even transformed yet!
(Monsters surround Rutilix)
MC: oh no!
Alphecca: Rutilix you have to hit them AFTER you transform!
Rutilix: unhand me fiends before I turn you into fertilizer like spoiled potatoes!
Akashi: wat

Akashi: oh right we have to save him
Marfik: yeah huh. Shovel Swing! (beats monsters off Rutilix)
Marfik: you ok?
Rutilix: y-yes, thank you. You've done it now, fiends! Transform!
Akashi: how do I do this on my own? Uhh, transform!
Akashi: alright I'm transformed! MC, orders!
MC: okay / wait what's the point if you can transform on your own?
(B) Akashi: your directions lead to me winning! I mean I won't need them against Rutilix but I do need them against monsters!
Rutilix: RUDE
MC: okay!
~~~
Rutilix: MC, look after the king!
MC: King, let's stand back
Alphecca: o-okay. oh no Rutilix is panicking again
BATTLE START
 
Akashi: god these monsters just keep coming! Was it like this for you Rutilix?
Rutilix: no they only came in 1s and 2s before! Are we near a nest? But I never heard of...
Marfik: behind you!
Rutilix: !? (bisects monster)
MC: wow!
Rutilix: Hmph! Behold my--
Akashi: there's more!
Rutilix: (mobbed by monsters) aaaahhh!
Akashi: goddammit (goes to save Rutilix only to get mobbed too)
MC: oh no!
Marfik: there's too many! (mobbed)
MC: oh no!
Totally Not Alphecca: Save the People "Helig Flammerai"
(Shower of fiery spears destroys the whole crowd of monsters)

MC: who???
(Alphecca saves Akashi and Rutilix)
Alphecca: kbye
Akashi: Wai--aww man I didn't even get to say thank you
Rutilix: The White Knight is here? ...this sucks, I had to be saved.
Akashi: uh you okay?
Rutilix: yeah
Akashi: o-oh

Rutilix: hey wait where's the king
Alphecca: I'm here, and I'm fine thanks.
MC: when did you get there!?
Alphecca: uh, the whole time?
Akashi: at least he's fine. let's keep going.
Marfik: hMMMMM
Akashi: what?
Marfik: o-oh, nothing. let's go.

Alphecca: Rutilix take that armor off and let's go
Rutilix: o-okay. Right, I have to try harder!
The party walks across the rubble and continues forward.
Marfik: (looks at Alphecca) hmm...
End of episode

4 comments:

  1. thanks for translation! actually i just kinda curious about what they are talking about. not really like this event becoz a bit too fantasy and dont see any relation with the main story, i think. (the bgm sounds so retro)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for bringing us the translations of LAH and Housamo ^^
    What I love about this event is that they give us the point of view of another planet that is not the earth, especially how they justified the retro theme with the slow development of Endoira (also, knowing about the home planet of Toshu is cool).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The translation format is so funny XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I love abridged versions, they're more funny

    ReplyDelete