Sunday, May 30, 2021

Live A Hero The Knight and Ruins Adventure Episode 7 (Abridged)

 Title card: Escape
 
Monsters: SCREEE 
MC: Akashi, the three on the right! / Professor, behind you! / Rutilix, Your Highness, to the left! 
(A) Akashi: Right! Scattershot fireball! 
(B) Marfik: Again!? Eat it! 
(C) Alphecca: Understood! Rutilix, to me! 
Rutilix: Yes sir! Hi-yah! 
~~~ 
Monsters die, and the core is exposed for a bit.
 Marfik: I see it! Go for it, Akashi! 
Akashi: I got this! Home run!
Core: (cracks) 
MC: Y-you did it! This time for sure! 

But not really. 
Rutilix: It healed itself again! 
Akashi: But I just smashed it with a huge fireball! 
More monsters appear again. 
Akashi: not again! 
Marfik: they're coming from the walls and ceiling now too! 
Alphecca: we'll be overrun before long like this 
Rutilix: I messed up again... 
MC: Rutilix you look pale
 
Rutilix: I-I'm okay. But... 
Alphecca: There's only one thing left we can do...there are four of us heroes. Three of us clear a path for the fourth, who will drive their weapon into the core and keep it down. 
Marfik: well that should stop it from regenerating and keeping reinforcements down. Weakening the boss monster should also open up a way outside, but it'll all stop when the fourth's weapon is taken out. That means we'd have to leave that fourth person behind. 
Akashi: b-but once we defeat the boss monster...! 
Marfik: We'd have to kill all these other monsters and there must be hundreds of them. Then we have to break that tanky core. You have that kinda energy? 
Akashi: ...w-well I am tired, but 
Rutilix: The capital is in danger too while we're at this. The cavalry must be coming to fight back against the giant monster. Whoever gets out should join up with them to defeat the boss, so the pressure won't be as bad. If we beat the monster, we can save whoever is left along with whoever the monster's eaten. It's better than all of us getting crushed here. 
MC: but who's staying? 

Rutilix: me 
Alphecca: no! this plan is my suggestion, and it's my fault you're here to begin with! I'll do it! 
Rutilix: but what's going to happen to the kingdom if you don't come back!? 
Alphecca: ...! 
Rutilix: I was the one who charged ahead without thinking! Please stand back, I'll take responsibility and stay! 
Alphecca: ...Rutilix...
 
Rutilix: (turns to rest of party) I'll stay! Please help me! 
Akashi: ...you must have resolved yourself if you're saying that much 
Rutilix: ...yes! it's my job to guard the king! 
Akashi: Right, I'll help you then! Don't mess it up! 
Rutilix: thanks 
Alphecca: (frowns) 
Rutilix: ...Your Highness, there's no more time. Let's go. 
Alphecca: ...right. 

Alphecca, whispering: Take care of them Marfik 
Marfik: !? 
The monsters continue menacing you all 
MC: There's less of them that way! 
Alphecca: Got it! Flame Tower! (stabs sword into the ground) (creates a path of fire) 
Marfik: My turn! (pushes monsters back with shovel) 
Marfik: Go Akashi! 
Akashi: Right! Charging, and...fire, super move! (blows monsters back and hits the core) 
Akashi: Rutilix, do it! 
Rutilix: ...yeah! Raaaah!
 
Rutilix: (knocked aside) !? 
Alphecca: (charges in) Finisher! 
MC: eh!? 
Rutilix: YOUR HIGHNESS NOOOO 
Alphecca: (stabs core with sword and spears, pushing them in) 
Alphecca: okay WOW it's strong! But so am I! 
Monster: (thundering roar) 
Other monsters start mobbing Alphecca 
Rutilix: NO I'LL SAVE YOU 
Marfik: you can't you'll just waste his attack! 
Rutilix: but...but why!? 

Alphecca: Rutilix I loved you. It was wonderful how you kept chasing your dream despite how people treated you and how you never let your mistakes hold you back. 
Rutilix: Your Highness... 
Alphecca: You're still too much of a hothead with a habit of shrinking from your circumstances. But you're still young. You'll figure it out if you keep at it. Keep training until then. You have plenty of time. 
Marfik: Oh... 
Alphecca: Live, Rutilix! Keep going and achieve your dream out in the open, unlike me who kept it secret! And then one day, come save me. I'll be here. 
Rutilix: NOOOOO
 
The pillars start crumbling for whatever reason 
Akashi: we're gonna get buried, we gotta get outta here! 
Marfik: we should be able to break out like this! Don't stop! Listen to what the king said! 
Marfik: (stabs shovel into the ground) ULTIMATE MOVE! 
Marfik: (pulls shovel out) 
MC: sunlight!
 Marfik: time to go! 
Akashi: but! 
Marfik: Now! The king said so! 
Akashi: ...fine, let's go MC! 
MC: O-okay! / But...! 
Rutilix: But we can't leave the king! 
Marfik: Okay fine we gotta do this now (picks up MC and Rutilix) 
Akashi: we promise to come back for you! 
Alphecca: ...yeah, I'm counting on you all. (mobbed) 
Marfik: ...! Marfik super jump, away! 
Akashi follows suit 
Rutilix: YOUR HIGHNEEEESSSSS 

The party jumps out into the sky near the capital. The giant monster behind you guys is thrashing about. 
Akashi: omg it's huge. no wonder it could swallow a city whole 
Akashi: (transformation cancelled) 
Akashi: eh? 
Marfik: oh our transformations stopped. 
Akashi: BUT WE'RE HIGH UP WE'RE GONNA DIE 
Rutilix: (whistles, summoning his flying dragon) come Baraka! 
Rutilix's dragon catches the party on its back. 
Akashi: where'd this pteranodon come from!? 
Rutilix: It's my dragon. Slow feet, but good flyer. The king had me fly him over on it earlier. I had them on standby after that. 
MC: I had no idea / So you guys have flying dragons / Sure isn't like Earth here
 
The dragon glides and flies the party to the ground. 
Soldier: attack! 
Captain: Rutilix!? Where's the king? 
Rutilix: ...sorry, he's still inside 
Captain: you dare come back alone!? You are nowhere near as important as the king! Know your place! 
MC: RUDE / he really does get horrible treatment 
Akashi: he's talking a lot of shit for someone who doesn't know anything! 
Captain: Silence foreigner! 
Akashi: no YOU shut up! You don't care that a subordinate is safe? What kind of captain ARE you? 
Captain: Damn brat! 

Rutilix: Stop, Tamamura Akashi! Sorry captain I will make up for this mistake. 
Captain: Pffffft. Well whatever get to the front lines. (leaves) 
Akashi: aren't you mad about what he said?! 
Rutilix: ...yeah, but I'm more mad at how useless I've been. 
Marfik: ...Rutilix. 
Rutilix: The king was right about me. I cursed my situation and tried to turn it around by doing something great. But I tried so hard I lost sight of everything around me, including myself. And now this is what's happened because of me. I'm a disgrace as a knight, but like hell I'll leave it to end like this!
 
Marfik: you want to save him, right? 
Rutilix: of course! 
Marfik: good, I'll gladly help out then. The king has a habit of giving up too quick. He's not so old as to leave himself in your guys' protection, so an old man like me's got words to say. 
Rutilix: ...thank you for your help! 
Akashi: wow you're finally relying on other people. One step forward. I'll help too. 
Rutilix: Tamamura Akashi... 
Akashi: we friends now, so just Akashi 
Rutilix: okay thanks! 
Akashi: yeah let's go! MC, get the camera ready! 
Marfik: oh yeah now that you mention it none of these guys have a camera. Kind of amazing they're managing with just themselves as viewers. Alright, use my camera drone! It's got auto-follow AI in it! 
Akashi: hey Rutilix you got a phone? you can use our Views too if you do 
Rutilix: what is this phone thing you speak of 
MC: WAT / you don't know what a phone is at all? / so that means these other guys are... 

Marfik: ...so the knights don't have the basic necessities 
Akashi: these guys are crazy in so many ways 
Marfik: okay here put on this spare phone 
Rutilix: Thank you! Uh, do I wrap it around my arm 
MC: (adds Rutilix to party in command window) 
Phone: Livestreaming available! No other livestreamers detected in area. Begin? 
MC: Let's go, live stream! / Are we even going to get views? / You guys ready? 
(A)(C) Akashi: Yeah! 
(B) Akashi: ...yolo! Let's go! 
~~~ 
Marfik: we're up against a giant monster, but it IS weakening. Put your backs into it! 
Rutilix: we'll save you for sure your highness!  
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment