Saturday, December 23, 2023

Marine Resort Crisis Episode 6 Part 2 (Abridged)

Flashforward!
Dagon: I'm a fusion of two different Dagon memories that happened for Reasons, so I'm kind of like you that way. I was Father Dagon in both selves, and both past selves and worlds fell to ruin.
Dagon: I know Y'ha-nthlei better than anyone, the sunken city of my retainers the Deep Ones. It's a different city from R'lyeh where [REDACTED] sleeps, but they became fused together because reasons.
Dagon: I felt like such a sinner when I found out about that. Long story short, that overworld shift was created with my Old Ones self as the core. I never reached R'lyeh, so the dream I never accomplished manifested there. So why is it that it's still around without me being in there? Simple: part of me was there the whole time.

Present
Dagon: Honey (by which I mean Old Ones me), I'm home. Deep sea construction research is my job.
Dagon fusion!
MC: uh, where are we? The bottom of the sea? / oh god put on the breathing tool!
---
(C) Dagon: Heh. You're talking without it already.
---
Surprised party!

Dagon: Welcome to Y'ha-nthlei, where hybrids live. We can breathe normally here.
Only darkness above, not the ocean surface. Buildings made of things indescribable around, with pale shining lights. How mystical. How profane.

MC: Pretty / Kinda scary / have I been here before...?

Dagon: I would love to show you around, but we have things to do first.
The Boss Shark is up above surrounded by shark bots!

Behemoth: Huh. They're swimming like normal fish. Did Tokyo's faith stop affecting them?
Arslan: That'd be nice, but we can't tell yet. Also this place is weird. We can still swim around like we're underwater.
Gullinbursti: Dagon, what do you think? The sharks seem lost...
Dagon: I agree with you actually. They lost track of us, lost sight of where they were, so now they're on guard.
Gullinbursti: So what now? I thought we just had to bring them here.
MC: Is there just too many of them that they have majority? / (wait)

Dagon: Nobody else is here, so the majority is with the sharks.
Behemoth: bruh we finally make it and it's still not enough to fix things?
Dagon: Don't give up so fast, I did think of this possibility. Remember our other win condition for all this?
Thinking party.

Arslan: Oh. Start cutting down on the number of sharks?
Gullinbursti: Oh right, we'd then have Master use their plot sword to cut the shark off from Tokyo's faith and...
Factory reset! Except Tokyo still fears sharks.

Reprobus: (frowns)
MC: Wait! Can't we do something else? / (ask Reprobus's opinion)
(AB) Reprobus: ...I-I agree with MC.

Reprobus: I know this is late, but I've been thinking about it. Majority rules, but I thought we could come up with something better.
Dagon: (stares)
Reprobus: All those sharks originally just came from one single bot, right?
Dagon: Yes. The minion bots are more like mobile body parts.
Reprobus: How about this then? (secret plan explanation)
Dagon: Hmm, how unique. But also much harder.
Repobus: We're almost out of bombs, but we might make it with the harpoons.
Dagon: Then all that's left is whether we can talk the shark boss down.
Dagon looks at the sharks, then at MC.

Dagon: Hey guys, how about we go with that plan?

The party moves underneath the shark bot swarm.
MC: Ready? / Nervous / Finale time!
Behemoth: oof it being near the end is killing my nerves
Arslan: Relax, we're here too.
Gullinbursti: Trust us if things go wrong. Reprobus and I are good tanks at least!
Reprobus: Right.
Dagon: Everyone, the plan is for us to get to the shark boss.
The party nods in acknowledgement.

Dagon: Let's do this. MC, your orders.

Everyone not MC and Dagon move to surround the sharks.
MC: ...showtime!
Boss Shark: REEEE
The other party members throw in their bombs and retreat back down. The sharks quickly pursue, but Dagon pulls the party members back!

Dagon: Noble Phantasm go! Pillar, board wipe activate!
Tentacles reach out from Dagon's artifact to mow down sharks! The boss shark is acting strangely...

Dagon: I'm factory resetting the shark with my artifact. MC, go!
MC swims forward!

Arslan: Dagon, you're so pro!
Gullinbursti: Master, we'll hold the line for you!
MC: Thanks! We're almost there!
Boss Shark: REEEE
BATTLE START (more happens later)

Party: AAAAAA
The party disables shark bots with their harpoons! When Boss Shark attacks, the party hides in nearby buildings.

MC: They're thinning out! We can do this! (charges at boss)
Boss Shark is getting faster and blinks out for a second!

Boss Shark: REEEE (ambush!)
MC: OH NO
Party: MC!

Reprobus (narrating): I'm seeing something I never saw before. Probably some continuation of a dream? I met my Master, and then I finally died after so long. It was death by decapitation. I was sacrificing myself for him, thinking it was what a pro was supposed to do. And all that is what I'm thinking about now.
Reprobus (narrating): I did my best for my master, even if they were a temp one. The choice I made was the same as the one I saw in my dream. Does this make up for my old sins, for destroying a city without questioning my orders and obeying in ignorance?
Reprobus (narrating): I thought about it all the time after I was summoned, but now I have to worry about a lot more. Is everyone in the party...and MC okay? Did the boss shark ever manage to return to its original role? I worried about everyone else, and that became my own regret. But I'll be at peace soon, I guess.

Present
Reprobus chump blocked for MC!

MC: Reprobus! (turns around and reaches forward)
Gullinbursti and Dagon catch Reprobus! MC gets in front of Boss Shark's eyes!

MC: Plot sword activate!
MC cuts off the Boss Shark's orders, which causes it to stop moving!

MC: Assistant Shark, help me!
Boss Shark: Beep boop
MC hurries to Reprobus!

MC: Reprobus! Say something! / It's all my fault... / (hug him)

Behemoth: Dude no!
Behemoth shakes Reprobus! It wasn't very effective...

Boss Shark: Beep boop
Boss Shark starts moving a little.

Gullinbursti: What? Didn't it react to Master's command!?
Gullinbursti picks up his harpoon, but Arslan stops him.

Arslan: Wait, the shark bots have stopped! That means...
Boss Shark blinks with a soft light.

Helpy Shark: Factory reset engaged. Disabling satellite terminal units.
Shark bots stop moving and start breaking apart.

Arslan: ...is that what the help bot is supposed to look like?
Helpy Shark: Factory reset complete. Owner not identified in database. People in need of assistance found, delaying setup. Emergency Help Mode, activate.
Helpy Shark shrinks to human size and swims over.

Helpy Shark: Vital signs detected, dispensing first aid and searching for nearby medical offices.
MC: He's still okay! / The shark is helping? / We gotta get out now!
Gullinbursti: I will take Reprobus back to the resort!
Dagon: Stop! I can just teleport us out. Now gather around!
Poof!

AndvaResort
Shark Bot: Beep booooop... (breaks)
Touji: What?
Moritaka: Does this mean MC and the others succeeded?
Beach

Kengo: Oof that was tough...but that was awesome!
Shirou: Okay, we're good over here. Now we just need to wait for them to come back.
Asterius's Labyrinth
Ziz: Everyone did a good job.
Ryouta: Yay! Case closed!
Labyrinth deactivates!

Ryouta: Hey Ziz, let's call Andvari and get a party ready!
Ziz: What a lovely idea! I should thank Dagon and Arslan as a teacher from Shinjuku.
Ryouta: I wanna talk to Reprobus. I never got a chance to talk to him since he worked the whole time. Time to text the Summoners! Hurry back, MC!
And so the waves carry on the people's voices as peace comes back to AndvaResort.

To be continued in the Epilogue!

No comments:

Post a Comment