Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Marine Resort Crisis Episode 5 Part 2 (Abridged)

MC: Huh, a storm's coming. (looks outside)
Ominous. Whatever, strategy meeting time!

Behemoth: Bruh did you really just tell us to go to a sunken city?
MC: What about somewhere else? / Eh, Dagon can figure it out / Are we using Teleport?
(A) Dagon: Maybe, but we don't have that much time to look for one. My Old Ones self can use Teleport, but I can't now for Reasons.
(B) Dagon: We're going to be working together here. My Old Ones self can use Teleport, but I can't now for Reasons.
(C) Dagon: Sharp, but no we shouldn't.

Dagon: Time flows differently inside and outside an overworld shift. Going by myself or taking everyone to somewhere in Tokyo is fine, but I don't know what'll happen if I try using it on everyone.
Arslan: Sooo, we gotta ride over there?
Dagon: Yes. I can still guide everyone to the sunken city if we get far enough into the water though.
Hephaestus: S-some of the new sharkbot spawn are cannon fodder, so it'll be easier if you go beat them up.
Arslan: Oh okay. Let's recap things now.
Dagon sets up a whiteboard for notetaking.

Arslan: Okay, Operation Help Bot Rescue is a go. So, we're going out to sea to find another world's sunken city. We're gonna take Dagon's boat with Reprobus driving.
Reprobus: I got this.
Dagon: I'm excited to see if the sharks can catch my ship, haha.
Arslan: Behemoth will draw the sharks and I'll buff his defense with holy oil. It'll be fine! Dagon will beat back any sharks coming up to the ship and I'll beat down any flying sharks.
Behemoth: Thanks guys! But I'm pretty good with a harpoon too!
Arslan: MC, you take Gullinbursti and go play Shark Musou out there. Run back if they start swarming you.
Gullinbursti: Okay! We will bring the resort victory!
MC: Good luck everybody! / oof fighting on the water... / Counting on you Gullinbursti
(A) Party morale is high!
(B) Gullinbursti: I'll protect you, MC! If it gets bad I'll take you to safety. Don't worry, and rely on me!
(C) Gullinbursti: I feel stronger with you believing in me! I'm gonna kill it as a ride and guard!

The party's phones beep.
Hephaestus: I-I just sent everyone a shark radar that'll keep an eye on the battle situation in real time. The radar upgrade should have the boss shark's info up.
Behemoth: Whoa, the Kamata bros are awesome!
Dagon: Thank you, I've been wanting an update before we head out.
Everyone opens up the shark radar app.

MC: OMG there's even more of them! / Is the big one the boss? / Are they getting closer
Hephaestus: W-what!? They weren't like that five minutes ago!
Tvastar: Huh. How about that.
Talos: Everyone, please look to the sea!
Reaction shot as everyone looks!

So there are WATER PILLARS out at sea now.
MC: omg tornados!? Are we really in Sharknado now
Talos: Shark repellant machine things at sea offline! Maybe that tornado destroyed them.
Arslan: Guys, the radar app says the sharks are coming in!
Three water tornados!

Sharkbot: REEEE
Two tornados shoot out flying sharkbots before dying out.

Behemoth: They're coming back again!
Arslan: WHAT
Hey there's a giant shark in the last tornado.

Hephaestus: W-what!? This is too fast! Did it just decide to skip to blowing the things up? I-it's in its perfect adaptation form now!
Dagon: And suddenly the time spent upgrading the radar has gone down the drain now that the boss has shown up.

The cast is shocked and appalled! Except for that one person heading out the door.
MC: Wait Reprobus where are you going
Reprobus: It's time to do something. We were getting ready to fight, but they got the jump on us.
Suddenly he seems more emotional.
Reprobus: I have to do my job and head them off.
Andvari: Whoa whoa whoa, I'm the boss here and you can't just run off doing your own thing! Okay yeah they broke the things at sea, but we still got the ones on land.
Reprobus: Maybe, but...
Andvari: If you're gonna insist on doing your job, then I gotta pull rank as your employer. That meeting was on the clock, so don't just give up on it so fast! Don't forget the buddy system! So get out there and solve this so I can go back to making all the money!
MC: Tell us how you really feel Andvari / You're actually nice? / Yeah let's do that
Reprobus: Okay. You're still my boss now, if not my forever boss.
Andvari: Right, up until I pay you.
Reprobus: As a pro, I will make this work and come back successfully.
MC: Let's go! / Thanks Andvari / but the resort
(A) Reprobus: Right. Together.
(B) Andvari: HEY! ...come back safe too. I still have to pay you or things won't be right.
(C) Shirou: We're still here, MC.

Shirou: Evacuating the visitors and protecting the resort will be handled by us in the Summoners, Ziz, and the workers in the different areas. The sharks are all coming by sea, and the resort is a closed off area now, so our artifacts should help. That okay, Andvari?
Andvari: Sounds good! I'll call up the area staff.
Kengo: Hell yeah, shark punching time!
Touji: Kengo, your arms, my swords, and Moritaka's sword don't have enough reach for the flying sharks. How are we--
Hephaestus: I-I still have a lot of anti-shark bombs!
Moritaka: Oh okay, thank you Hephaestus!
Ryouta: I'm on evac duty! And healing duty if you need it.
Ziz: I'll do my best.
Shirou: Help me, Evils. Everyone, head out!
MC: Good luck Kengo and Shirou / Keep an eye on everyone, Touji and Moritaka / Stay safe, Ryouta and Ziz
(A) Shirou: We'll be okay. Focus on your end.
Kengo: Knock 'em dead quick! We still haven't started our seaside school for real yet!
(B) Touji: Of course. We will do our best to come back together.
Moritaka: Fortune in battle to you!
(C) Ziz: Ooh, shouldn't you worry about yourself more, you troublemaker you?
Ryouta: Haha, same to you. Careful out there!

Everyone not in the event party grab anti-shark bombs and leave.
Gullinbursti: MC, we should head to the docks now!
Dagon: Nah, Reprobus is quick and can handle that. Bring the boat here while we start fighting sharks. May as well help the defense line until then.
Arslan: Oh yeah that sounds way doable for us.
Reprobus: Okay. I'll be back as soon as I can.
Behemoth: Let's go, guys!
The party heads outside. Sharks are attacking!

Shark: REEEE
MC: Let's go! / welp it's come to this / holy crap there's so many!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Shark: REEEE (falls apart from harpoon attack)
MC: OH NO THERE'S STILL SO MANY
Behemoth: Dude they're flooding out the radar!
Gullinbursti: This is just like that Musou game Tsatthogua brought over to play with us once! Or wait, was it more like some run and gun field survival game?
Behemoth: Oh yeah I know that one! But we aren't getting any loot boxes from this!
Dagon: Well Behemoth's Animal Friendship is working as expected. The more sharks here, the less there will be elsewhere.
Arslan: Good thing that idea worked out!
The party is beating back the sharks! None have crossed the formation line.

Arslan: Hey wait, the sharks are pulling back.
MC: Huh, why is that? (And where is Reprobus?)
Dagon: Oh no. Get back inside!
The sharks start spinning up a tornado!

Gullinbursti: WHAT
MC: Oh no we can't escape the sharknado!
Incoming sharknado rapidly approaching!

Typhon: Typhon World Flipper!
Shiva: Hindu BEEEAAAAM!
Typhon's attack dispels the tornado! Shiva's attack blows the sharks away!

MC: Typhon! And Shiva!? Why?
Typhon: Where else do y'all expect me to show up? I came to help, MC!
Shiva: Hmph! You expect to solve this incident without me? Or, us rather? As if I'd allow you to be shark food before I exorcise you and your filthy being myself!
Typhon: We got the other schools here helpin' out too!

Elsewhere
Shirou: I thought you Suidocho students were done with your seaside school work!
Thunderbird: We are, but the shark incident isn't. Time for a hero to arrive!
Taishakuten: Helping out where we were helped is just how we teach manners at Shibamata! Right, Tetsuya?
Tetsuya: Stop asking me. Ugh, the things Gyoubu makes me do.
Kengo: Piss off with you then! Who needs your help anyway?
Tetsuya: Eat shit Kengo. Go back and play in Ikebukuro with the other Berserkers.
Shirou: Well thanks for helping everyone! So this is what's happening with us...
Somewhere Else
Ryouta: Why are the Setagaya people here?
Volkh: By order of our director. "Support MC and...Reprobus" he said.
Asterius: My labyrinth can shield us.
Volos: I can help with evacuating people! You're doing that too, right Volkh? I heard it was your idea to come help.
Volkh: Anticipating a master's intentions is just what a servant does! That's all it is!
Ziz: Well okay, thank you for helping. I should thank Perun later too.

Some Other Place
Heracles: HERCULES THROW
Juugo: JUDO SMASH
Moritaka: D-did I just see someone just do a human cannonball
Touji: You did, indeed. Heracles just flung Juugo at a shark, who slammed it into the ground.
Juugo: Sorry I didn't introduce myself before cutting in.
Heracles: We came to help!
Original Area

Typhon: Yeah we were all worried. So we came to help when we heard you were going to solve the shark attack incident, MC!
Arslan: Wow, you really do know like everyone in the city.
Tvastar: Hey we're here too! Vritra, do your Ouroboros thing!

Vritra bites his own tail and walls up the resort!
Tvastar: Cool! Vritra's divine protection against wood, rock, weapons, wet things, and dry things will safeguard us!
Honk honk

Tvastar: Oh hey, your ship is here! We got this place, MC!
MC: Thanks guys!
Dagon makes a bridge with his tentacles for the party to board the ship.

Kotarou: Hey MC, I made it! Take this with you!
MC: Oh, your ninja breathing tool? Hey, isn't that...?
Masanori: We're here because some school is sending help. Enough said, yes?
Yoshito: ...also thank you for looking after my Moritaka.
Kotarou: Andvari told us what's up. At least we got lots of people. And with the tools you don't need to worry about drowning. I'm going back to the diving area before Tadatomo gets mad, so bye! (runs off and blows up nearby sharks)

Reprobus: Temporary Master MC, I've been watching everyone while I was driving over. People had their own thoughts and came even though they weren't hired for this work. It's not a burden they were given and they aren't pros in this... I'm jealous of how brave they all are. (revs engine)
MC: You're brave too / It's hard making your own decisions / You already made your choice
(A) Reprobus: Oh. I guess I'll try believing I have the courage to choose too then if you say so.
(B) Reprobus: Yeah. You think so too?
(C) Reprobus: Really? ...huh, I guess I just didn't notice then.

His feelings seem mixed.
Dagon: Reprobus, we're all here because of your idea.
Flashback!

Reprobus: Can't we spare the sharkbot?
Present

Behemoth: Dagon's right! I'm here because I wanna make your wish come true!
Gullinbursti: I never agreed at first, but I changed my mind but I heard what you really wanted and thought.
Flashback!

Reprobus: It would suck to never fulfill your original role.

Present
Reprobus: (stares)
Reprobus: I just think destruction is sad....
Arslan: Listen up, I used to be called a savior. It turns out a savior is someone covered in oil or is someone who saves the world. BUT, it doesn't mean they save every single person. I couldn't. I could only save whoever I could see. Anyone can only save one thing, like that savior you want does. The world is just all that you can see, and the amazing thing to do is to see more of it. Helping the people others would abandon is what will change the world. So be proud, and figure out what you want and what you'll choose.
Reprobus has a flashback to that town he smashed. An eternal regret, but now he can see himself differently.

Reprobus: ...sorry, I don't get it all just yet. But I do want to say...thanks guys. You joined in on this operation for my wish, so I'll do all I can for you guys.
Reprobus's artifact glows.

Reprobus: Noble Phantasm activate. I will keep everyone safe as we go for the boss!
Narration Zone
Solomon: Oh my god did you all die??? Next time on Marine Resort Crisis! "The Final Battle! Down! In the Foreign Sea!" See you next time!
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment