Saturday, December 23, 2023

Marine Resort Crisis Episode 6 Part 1 (Abridged)

Reprobus (narrating): I had a dream of the one savior of the world and era who died for everyone's sins. I figured if anyone could bear his burdens, it'd be me. I tried to catch up to him, but I never did. Eternity goes on forever, and I lost sight of the end. But I'm going to try again. I learned I'm not the only one who lives looking for a master. I'm not the only one sharing what I have. I'm not the only one who can't reach my goal. And I learned there isn't just the one savior out there. So this time? I'm gonna try walking with someone else.

Present
Behemoth: Come at me, shark dudes!
Behemoth's on deck waving at the sharks.

Sharks: REEEE
Behemoth: Oh god they're actually coming! It's kinda exciting being chased like this for once after having so many animals liking me!
MC: Well aren't you feeling okay. Focus! / I wanna see that actually
Reprobus: Try not to talk, you'll bite yourself.
Behemoth: WHOA
Big swerve as the party tries aggroing as many sharks as possible.

Dagon: Reprobus slow do--(BIG SWERVE)--oh geez not again!
Gullinbursti: I could never turn on a dime like this!
Arslan: Hang on, people!
Beep beep

Reprobus: Sorry about that. Heading for the boss now.
Arslan: Has our time come yet? Get ready everyone!
MC: Yeah! / Dagon? / gotta barf
---
(B) Dagon: Heh, I'm ready. I know everything about the sea.
Arslan: That is such a wild line to say while bracing yourself with tentacles.
(C) Gullinbursti: Oh no! Get on my back Master, you'll feel better!
---
Gullinbursti and MC jump off the boat to circle around it!

Behemoth: Eat harpoon and shark bombs!

Meanwhile, on the beach
Thunderbird: Most of the sharks have followed the boat out! We'll take care of the rest!
Kengo: Come at me, all of you!
Taishakuten: I'mma turn these sharks into Shibamata specialty souvenir foods!
Tetsuya: Seriously? Moneygrubber. Then again if these were real sharks that'd be good money.
Shirou: I still can't believe that's why those two are working together. Oh well. Evils, help me pick up the sharks?
Evils: EEEEE

Somewhere else on the beach
Heracles: Juugo, its mouth is open!
Juugo: Got it! Please watch me, Arslan!
Moritaka: Look at them go. Impressive...and frightening. What kind of people propose throwing your friends at enemies you can't reach?
Touji: And what kind of training leads people to wrench shark mouths open to shove bombs into?
Shiva: How dare you try biting off my loincloth! I have to sew it myself!
Juugo: Yeah, Mizuchi does that to my uniforms too...
Shiva: We are going after them, Juugo and Heracles!
Heracles: Witness the power Kudan Academy's handicraft club! (not a thing yet)
Moritaka: T-Touji, we should keep up!
Touji: Y-you want me to throw you at the sharks?
Moritaka: NO DON'T

Asterius's Labryinth
Shark: REEEE
Ryouta, Volos, and Asterios: OH GOD IT GOT IN
Volkh: Werewolf Smash!
bonk

Volkh: This is Setagaya's emergency shelter as approved by Lord Perun! Invaders must die!
Asterius: But this is my artifact.
Ziz: I know. Thank you, Asterius. And thank you for saving us Volkh, you sweet thing!
Volkh: Sweet!? How dare you not fear m--
Ziz: Whoopsies, I accidentally treated you like a Shinjuku student. Should I call you dear sweet count? No, that sounds like a friends thing.
Volkh: (gasp!)
Ziz: You like children? Me too! Am I being too buddy-buddy with you? What do you want me to call you?
Volkh: ...just Volkh.
Volos: ...I hope Reprobus is okay.
Volos is worried because Reprobus is one of many from Kitezh who grind themselves to dust working. Then he thinks about Veles.

Ziz: (looks out to sea) ...I hope everyone comes back okay.
Ryouta: It'll be fine! They have two teachers and Gullinbursti with them.

Back to the party!
The party is fending the sharks along while kiting them along. It's not going to plan so the party is tiring out.

Behemoth: Hungry...!
MC: Behemoth, you okay? / Same... / (Didn't something like this happen before?)
---
(A) Behemoth doesn't seem to hear.
---
Behemoth's hunger is starting to overtake him!

Behemoth: I wanna eat something even if I can't taste anything!
Behemoth stabs a shark with a harpoon and swallows it whole!

Arslan, Gullinbursti, and Dagon: WHAT
Behemoth: Wow that's actually kinda filling. I coulda done this the whole time! Come at me, shark bros!
Arslan: Nice, but whoa...

Behemoth starts fattening up on the sharks the party takes down!
Dagon: No stop, you'll throw off the ship's center of gravi--
Reprobus: We're slowing down for some reason!
Behemoth: OH NO (falls over)
MC: Behemoth! / Gullinbursti, after him! / (jump)
---
(B) Gullinbursti: Yes Mast--no wait, Reprobus!?
(C) Gullinbusrti: No don't! I can go save h--what?
---
Reprobus: Dagon, take over the driving! (jumps off)

Underwater
Behemoth: (Oh no I can't swim like this!)
Shark: REEEE
Behemoth: !?
Reprobus drags Behemoth up by the harness and throws a bomb at the shark!

Reprobus: You okay? Put this on.
Behemoth: Oof, thanks. Wow we can talk and breathe now!
Reprobus: It's a ninja diving tool MC was given. Anyways can you swim like that?
Behemoth: If by swim you mean sink, then yeah. Uhh...oh wait, new idea!

Later
MC: Dagon, stop the boat! / I hope they're okay... / (fight the sharks)
---
(A) Arslan: But then the sharks will catch up!
Dagon: It's okay, I'm running the boat in circles so we won't leave Behemoth behind.
(B) Arslan: I know, but we have to believe in Reprobus.
(C) Gullinbursti: Master, we both believe that Reprobus will save Behemoth.
---
Dagon: Right now, we're thinning out the sharks so Reprobus and Behemoth can come back saf--what!?
Something jumps out of the water! Dagon catches them with his tentacles!

Behemoth: Rocket jumping with shark energy! Thanks for the catch, dudes! ...and sorry.
Dagon: As long as you're okay. We'll need everyone for this operation, but you students are all so very naughty.
Reprobus: S-sorry... but saving people at sea is my job as a pro and--
Dagon: At ease, I am not rebuking you. I am open to crushing everything in our path.
Arslan: Yeah, we'll help if you mess up! We're almost there guys!

The party reaches the boss shark! It's big enough to be seen from the hotel by the way.
Gullinbursti: Doesn't this shark look like the one in that movie we all saw at the Summoners safehouse?
Dagon: Maybe it was influenced by current popular imagery of sharks in Tokyo.
MC: Holy crap it's huge! How are we supposed to bring it over?
Reprobus: Gullinbursti, come back to the ship with MC. We're closing in as much as we can while it doesn't see us.
MC and Gullinbursti clear off the nearby sharks and jump back to ship.

Reprobus: I'm gonna speed up a little. Try attacking when we get close. I'll drive us away after.
Arslan: Oh, is that how we're going to kite it?
The shark bots are catching up! Then...

Reprobus: WHAT

The shark boss shoots lightning at the ship!
Behemoth: OH NO! ...wait why didn't that do anything?
MC: Arslan's holy oil? / No way. Reprobus's artifact? (looks at Reprobus)
---
(A) Arslan: My oil can't block THAT much. So... (looks at Reprobus)
---
Dagon: Reprobus, are you okay!?
No answer. MC and Gullinbursti run to the cabin.

Gullinbursti: !!
Reprobus: Oof. Oh good you're all okay.
Reprobus is on his knees and burned all over!

Gullinbursti: But why!?
Dagon: I told MC this already, but this is Reprobus's power. (multitasks fighting back sharks)

Dagon: Reprobus's power guarantees the safety of anything he defines as carrying...which he does by taking all damage done to them to himself.
Behemoth: BRUH THAT'S MESSED UP
Dagon: Reprobus, turn off your artifact. It's too dangerous to tank anything else.
Reprobus: ...I can't. You said we need everyone for this to work. (weakly pushes himself up and tries to smile) I'm tanky, and this can't take me down. I'll keep everyone safe. As a pro, I've chosen to carry the weight of my friends. The king of a nation elsewhere I never saw. The intelligent scholar who made a paradise in Tokyo. The kind beast who taught me what friends are. The rival who endangered himself to show me his experiences. And my temporary master with many bonds and hidden powers beyond infinity. You all lit my path when I was lost. No one gets left behind.
Reprobus retakes the helm.

Reprobus: But I can't drive and defend us at the same time. You guys kite and defend the ship.
MC: ...okay. Stop your artifact before you get KOed, okay? / ...
---
(A) Everyone is surprised MC speaks up first.
Arslan: ...well we came this far! Let's do this!
(B) Everyone has a hard time agreeing. Arslan responds first.
Arslan: Okay then! I'm with you all the way!
---
Dagon: ...I shouldn't be pushing one of my school students, but I won't stop you.
Gullinbursti: Don't get hit. Master and I got this!
Behemoth: We're partying together after this, Reprobus! So many reccomendations to go to!
Arslan: Boss fight, go!
MC: Yeah! / I'm worried about that lightning / I'm not done with you either!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Kiting the boss shark and mobs again! It's tough, but going to plan.
Boss Shark: REEEEE (starts glowing)
Behemoth: Oh god it's gonna do something, guys!
Behemoth can't think of any good ideas to block another thunder blast! Boss Shark glows brighter!

Behemoth: Okay fine! Invocation spiel! Class: Sacrifice! Concept: Transmutation!
Arslan: Oh my god Behemoth is sucking up the downed shark bots like he's Kirby!
Dagon: Arslan, to the front of the ship!
Weight balancing time!

Behemoth: Noble Phantasm activate! Thunder BEEEAAAM!
Boss Shark's own Thunder Beam was countered!

Party: WHAT
Behemoth: Hell yeah!
MC: Awesome! / DEUS EX MACHINA / w-wao

Boss Shark: REEEE
Behemoth: Hey wait, beam spam too OP AAAAAA
Boss Shark is charging Thunder Beam again!

Gullinbursti: Boar Smash!
Dagon: Chump blocker, throw!
MC and Gullinbursti beat down flying sharks, and Dagon throws the beaten sharks to block for the party!

Arslan: Haha, same brain!
Dagon: Indeed.
Gullinbursti: Block the undodgeable!
MC: Yeah! / damn that actually worked / N-nailed it!

Reprobus: Whoa, great job guys. I see our destination now!
The way forward is visible.

Arslan: For a place that's supposed to be impossible to get to, things are going okay. This cool, Dagon?
Dagon: It's fine. Once we dive in, things will be fine in this world. Reprobus, get on deck after you stop the ship. MC, Gullinbursti, get over here too.
The party groups up.

Dagon: And now my time has come. All shall return to the paternal sea in this abyss.
Dagon wraps the party in his tentacles. More tentacles manifest to drag the shark bots along.

Dagon: Welcome to Y'ha-nthlei!
End of Episode half

No comments:

Post a Comment