Alberich: Oh yoo-hoooo! Like, don't forget about me, boys!
Sitri: Andvari!?
Ikutoshi: You seem different.
Alberich: Andvari? Who is that? I'm Alberich, thank you! And this treasure hunt calls to me! Fairy king, wizard, and connected to gold by fate, maybe! Applaud me!
MC: Whomst? Have we met before?
Aegir: Uh, you want in? What kinda asshole tries to sign up at this point?
Alberich: I'm just fashionably late! What king needs to fill out paperwork anyways? I only just saw the flyer for this event! (chokes) can't...breathe!
Aegir: ...so what'd you mean by the treasure calling you?
Alberich: I said what I said.
Aegir: (stares) ...fine, toss the damn coin already.
Ashigara: You're letting him in!?
Hermes: What's so special about him? Whatever.
Alberich: Here I go then!
Time for a crash course before setting off! Sitri has a question for MC.
Sitri: Soooo, what do you think of what's-his-face joining? Did Andvari go amnesiac? Is he his brother!?
MC: Dunno. Maybe we should call Andvari?
beep beep
Andvari: Yoooo, whatcha buyin'? ...MC? What? ...I'm at my resort! Oh the treasure hunt? Kinda interesting, but it's tourist season! ...no, I ain't go no brothers! Hanging up now, money calls!
click
Sitri: ...then who is that!? Oh whatever, crash course time!
Later
Makara: I'm here to teach you how to swim!
Sitri: L-like this?
Ashigara: Oh my god, so cool! Just like a ninja!
Makara: Breast stroke for long distance swimming, back stroke for breaks.
Sitri: Wow I learned that first one in school.
Ikutoshi: Eat my waves, slowpoke.
Sitri: Oh my god so fast! ...wait, this isn't a race!
Makara: And now here's how to float by treading water.
Tetsugyuu: The only thing I know how to do!
Motosumi: Why are you here if you can't swim!?
Makara: Remember, safety first!
Later
Reprobus: Hello, ace lifeguard here to teach you what to do in cases of emergencies. If you fall overboard, ball up.
Volkh: Hmm, heat preservation. Yet such a shameful pose to take!
Reprobus: In case of multiple overboards, hold hands and hold your arms out like a ring.
Alberich: How artistic!
Hermes: Regretting my life choices already...
Reprobus: Main thing to remember is to conserve energy. Now onto current reading and other theoretical stuff.
Later
Ahab: why do I have to do this? Listen up, landlubbers. Sailing ain't easy... but you'll be on an automatic sailing ship, so if that still ain't enough, you got no place at sea. Now pay attention to the basics or I'll beat your ass! Got it!?
Participants: YES CAPTAIN
Later
Aegir: And now I'll be teaching y'all seafaring terminology!
MC: How much do we have to learn!? / help / Teach me something else!
---
(A) Aegir: Well this IS cramming. Gotta go fast and all that.
(B) Aegir: Weak. But y'all need to know this stuff. Can't be part of my collection without a little elbow grease!
(C) Aegir: Ooh, naughty. I'd offer to tonight, but maybe private teaching can come another time!
---
Tired participants. Aegir smirks.
Aegir: Nice work, boys!
Motosumi: Oh god is it finally over!? Tetsugyuu you think we oughta get certified now too? ...wait shit, he and the jocks burned out!
Hermes: Yeeeah I'm a little fried too.
Volkh: Did we actually need to learn seafaring terminology?
Alberich: Personally I found pirate speak quite entertaining. Yo ho ho!
Aegir: Wait, I forgot one last thing.
Ikutoshi: We STILL have to keep at it?
Aegir: Just one last thing. Y'all need to know what "all hands on deck" means.
Sitri: what
Aegir: It means we need everyone working together. Okay cool, now get to the boat!
Later
Aegir: Alrighty rookies, get on my ship! ...whatcha starin' at?
Surprised participants.
Aegir: (looks) Oh, the pirate flag. Ain't that cool?
MC: I'm in danger / did you have to / Arrr!
Aegir: No need to thank me, y'all! Oh, gotta hand you guys something.
Alberich: WAIT
Aegir: What?
Alberich: I have something to hand out too! Behold~!
finger snap
Arachne dresses up the event cast!
Sitri: WHAT
Ashigara: What just happened!?
Sitri and Ashigara: Cool!
MC: yeah! / why does no one have pants / niiiice
Volkh: Such...fine pirate wear!
Hermes: where do I even START!? When'd you even get these made!?
Alberich: Immediately after I saw the event flyer! I did it out of my noble magnanimity since this is a group event. You have to dress the part in Tokyo, honey!
Arachne: So true, dear! They aren't bespoke since it was such short notice, but they are my newest fashion pieces!
MC: Nice! / such wide fashion coverage / Ahoy!
Arachne: Aww, thank you! So do you like it? Also I brought this all myself when I heard you were here, MC. I wanted to dress Aegir too, but oh well. Bon voyage, everyone!
Arachne winks and leaves.
Tetsugyuu: Nice outfit apparently, boss! Wish our team got some too!
Motosumi: I don't wanna dress like THAT!
Ikutoshi: A-agreed! It looks like cosplay! I have totally never thought it looked cool for a second!
Gunzo: I did! Um, I'm not jealous or anything!
Alberich: Aww, tell us how you really feel, honeys! Buuut then again, why spend to dress up the enemy team?
Aegir: You know what, Alberich? Nice. Maybe I'll get an outfit made too. Oh wait, back to business. I was about to give y'all a sea map and ring.
Aegir pulls out some old map and a silver Toyosu branded ring.
Volkh: What's the ring for?
Aegir: Team captain ring and lucky charm at sea. Don't lose it, I custom ordered it. It moves the ship while on board among other things. Now get on!
Later
Time to decide team captains!
Volkh: So, I have leadership experience and--
Alberich: Oh no you don't! I am MAYBE a fairy king! No one is to be above me! And I MAYBE have seafaring experience!
Volkh: O-oh no, something he actually has over me! I suppose you would be more appropriate, if what you say is true.
Alberich: Of course, maybe!
Hermes: so like does "maybe" mean something different from where you're from?
Volkh: ...then I cede the captain's seat. I still insist I lead any battle units as battle captain!
Ashigara: Oh, oh! Can I be stew captain!?
Sitri: Cool whatever you said, Volkh! Does that mean Alberich's taking the ring?
Alberich: Like, hell no to that gross thing?
Sitri: B-but you said you want to be captain!
Alberich: UGH! Do you know how terribly it clashes with my gold ring!?
Ashigara: Well dang, you're a big brat too!
Volkh: Now that I look at it again, the ring is too small for me...
Hermes: (stares) What if I take it? If it doesn't matter, then--
Volkh: I propose we give it to MC since they are unfated to be on top.
MC: wait what / wow rude / (look at Hermes)
Volkh: (Aegir made it sound like the ring had other functions, so it should be safe with MC. I'll never take my eyes off them!)
Kinda weird mood here.
Hermes: ...okay fine, whatever then.
Later
Aegir: Everyone on? Cool! I'mma name the ships after the captains then! This one's the Alberich!
Alberich: Perfect for our band of gentlemen pirates!
Aegir: And that one's the Gunzo!
Gunzo: THEY MADE ME CAPTAIN BECAUSE I SAID I WAS RUGBY TEAM CAPTAIN!
Aegir: Have fun on your treasure odyssey!
And so two pirate ships set sail into Tokyo Bay.
Sitri: Wow! I haven't sailed in forever!
Ashigara: Adventure! Sucks Gunzo's on the other team but--wait how'd they get so far away!? WHAT?
Hermes: Event gimmick, different routes.
Volkh: Different maps then?
Sitri and Ashigara: (GASP!)
MC: Wait, both of you?
Hermes: Eh, it's an event. It'll be cool.
Alberich: Ahoy there! Set sail for the treasure that is already mine! Maybe! AHAHAHA!
Meanwhile, back at port
Aegir: Pffft, it ain't gonna be that easy.
Aegir watches the ships sail. Someone walks up.
Dagon: Oh they're already gone? And what do you mean by that?
Aegir: Nuthin' serious, just sendin' assassins to make things difficult. Little mutual polishing.
Dagon: Oh is that all? MC's still going to be safe, right?
Upset Dagon. Casual Aegir.
Aegir: Meh, they oughta be fine. Got eyes in the sky just in case.
Dagon: Interesting choice of words. Fine, keep me posted.
Aegir: This gonna be good! Can't wait to see what surprise Alberich brings!
End of Episode
No comments:
Post a Comment