Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Valentine Crossroad Episode 3 Part 1 (Abridged)

Takeminakata (narrating): Why am I trying to be a city boy? For Daddy! He's Okuni--oh wait he told me to call him Onamuji. Anyways if he becomes top ruler again I should become better! And now that I live in Tokyo maybe I changed just because of that. If I smile, my lord and daddy smiles.
Takeminakata (narrating): You think I'd do anything Onamuji tells me to? Hell yeah! I mean I have to pay him back for loving me, but it's also because when he was fighting for the throne of the world, he asked me to hang on to All the authority. He gave me a choice in a time I got like nothing about what was going on, but I want to be my best for him.
Present
Mornings start early in Setagay. MC goes to get breakfast.

Masanori: Morning. Did you recover from last night?
MC: Wow you're up early / Yep / schleepy
(A) Masanori: Coincidence.
(B) Masanori: Excellent.
(C) Masanori: Oh. Well I suppose it happens.

Masanori: Wow, Day 3 at being at Setagaya already. Look at the pretty flowers outside the window. And do you see the little birdies on the tree branch over there? (points)
MC: Oh yeah! Cute! / where / (slide closer to Masanori and look)
---
(A) Masanori: It must be nice for them to be at a farming school.
(B) Masanori: Maybe you should step closer this way. Then try following my finger.
Good times. [now jump to C]
(C) MC steps closer.
Masanori: Do you see it yet? It's...cute.
---
Masanori: I apologize for taking your time when you're here to eat.
Someone's coming in.

Takeminakata: I got done with training! I'm starving now. And thanks for joining me, Krampus!
Krampus: I-it's cool, I was already planning to jog. Gotta work out on the off season.
MC: Morning guys. / Man jocks start early... / Working out already!?
(AB) Krampus: Morning you two. No one else here yet?
Takeminakata: Sumo training starts even earlier! ...but only I get up that early.
(C) Krampus: This school's bigger than I thought.
Takeminakata: I thought we got lost. But the greenery reminds me of Lake Suwa.

Takeminaka: So is anyone else up yet?
Krampus: Taishakuten and Hippolytus? Maybe.
Masanori: They are. They finished breakfast a while ago and went to talk about plants. They'll be back soon.
Takeminakata: Oh. Guess I'll eat then! Breakfast buffets are nice.
Krampus: Do they grow everything on campus?
MC, Krampus, and Takeminakata go line up for food. They even have Utopia drinks!

MC: Is this a hotel breakfast? / They get this much every day? Dammit Setagaya!
(BC) Masanori: Volkh says at the bare minimum it's a little different from a hotel buffet. Director Perun thought up all this.
Takeminakata: Damn, wow.

Masanori: The perks of being a farm school, I suppose.
Takeminakata: Gee thanks, farm people!
MC: So you good with bread, Takeminakata? / oh no, too many choices / (get what you got yesterday)
(A) Takeminakata: Yes, I'm a student so I can adapt. I saw rice and nori seaweed on the counter too though, so I'll get some of that.
(B) Krampus: How about I pick for you?
Krampus makes some ham and cheese sandwiches, then grabs fruit, salad, and soup.

Takeminakata: Wow, get some for me too!
Krampus: Haha, okay. I guess you'll need twice as much.
(C) Krampus: You like that? Maybe I should get some too. Uh, not that I mean anything by that!
Takeminakata: Me too then! Friendship!
Krampus: Uhh, r-right!

Masanori smiles as the present party comes back to the table.
Masanori: I ate earlier, but I think I'll stay. It's nice seeing you all have fun.
Takeminakata: Masanori, are you always so cultured? I want to be like that!
MC: The drip! / You seem different, Takeminakata / Your new outfit looks great too, Krampus
(A) Masanori: I just figured I should dress the part of a classroom assistant, but thank you.
(B) Takeminakata: Right? My sponsor put this these clothes together! And Hakumen recommended a hairstylist.
[Flag Set!]
(C) Krampus: UHHH...thanks! I tried to not look scary off campus, so...I'm glad it looks good.

Oh look, Taishakuten and Hippolytus are coming back.
Taishakuten: S'up? Want some tea? Hippolytus, can I stick this weed in that teapot?
Hippolytus: Um, that's an herb. Morning everyone! Taishakuten is so studious about herbal teas.
Taishakuten: Aren't herbs medicinal grasses? There's a bunch growing around near home so maybe I can market that.
Hippolytus: I was showing him greenhouse herbs as thanks for yesterday's work.
MC: Farmers and merchants start early, huh. Maybe you'd like Andvari. / nice outfit
---
(C) Taishakuten: Thanks! It ain't anything special. Made in Shibamata, baby!
---
Conversation continues, now with tea.

Taishakuten: Did you always have that haircut, Takeminakata? You seem different from when I saw you in Ryougoku.
Flag check! Did you say Takeminakata seemed different too?

(Yes) Takeminakata: Yeah we were just talking about that! It's thanks to everyone helping me with a makeover!
(No) Takeminakata: Yeah, I had my hair stlyed to match my clothes! All thanks to my sponsor and Roppongi friends.

Takeminakata: Now I just need to be the slickest, most popular stylish city boy ever after I finish the workshop.
Krampus: I...don't think that's related.
Takeminakata: It's amazing how many things are connected! Popularity needs behavior in addition to appearance! If I change drastically, I'll naturally start acting graceful!
Krampus: Uhhhh...?
MC: Maybe...? / I think everyone else just gave canned advice / do you even know what you're saying
(A) Masanori: ...so you got advice but you don't completely understand it?
(B) Takeminakata: THEY DID
(C) Takeminakata: NO

Takeminakata: Everyone I talked to put their whole chest out when they gave their advice, and the guild's Foreigner gave me a flyer for the event so it HAS to be related to popularity!
Hippolytus: Are you talking about... :|
Masanori: No, it's not romance talk. He's talking about personal generic charm and likability.
Hippolytus: O-oh, okay. But how's that related to the workshop?
Masanori: Well there's many kinds of gifts to be made there with many ways to craft a message and present. How about that?
Krampus: ...the consideration in trying to make someone happy. Like Santa.
Masanori: Indeed. If you can manage it with one person, you can expand that to others and learn to do it casually. The considerate can get the trust and favor of many.
Taishakuten: Oh, like how trust is number one in business!
Masanori: And the workshop also touches upon Tokyo's seasons and natural sciences, so Takeminakata's participation can teach him culture.
Takeminakata: So that's what Tsathoggua was getting at... thanks, Masanori! I gotta work harder!
Hippolytus: Good luck with that! Let me know if I can help!
MC: Good luck! / Aren't you cultured enough? / hopefully everyone comes...
---
(AB) Takeminakata: Thanks MC. I'm going to be even better!
(C) Takeminakata: It's okay. I'm sure they will later!
---
Takeminakata: Okay, let's go!
Hippolytus: Right! Let's do our best, everyone!

Everyone gets ready and heads to the workshop. Lots of seasonal and Valentines stuff is open today on campus.
Workshop

Hippolytus: why :|
MC: TOO MUCH GOING ON
Rando A: Teach me about stuff beyond flowers, Hippolytus!
Rando B: Tell me I did good, Hippolytus!
Rando C: What flowers do you like, Hippolytus? I'll make a bouquet with both our favorites!
Hippolytus: [insert quiet rant about what's happening]
Masanori: Oh no he's disassociating!
MC: Damn, he's blowing up in popularity? I mean I can get it but something seems off!

Masanori: We need to calm the students!
Krampus: I'll hel--(mobbed by randos)--WHAT
Wrestler E: Let's wrassle after this!
Guy F: Bitch I got here first! Hey baby, wanna trade oils later?
Masanori is also getting mobbed.

Maid G: Wanna be my private tutor, handsome?
Wolf H: I'm your biggest fan!
The mobs seem crazy.

Masanori: I smell something kind of familiar...like the past few days recently familiar.
MC: Hmmmm... someone using Charm like Sitri? / ooh ooh, me too!
(C) Takeminakata: MC, you can't be joking now!

Takeminakata: I should help too! Taisha--
Masanori: EVERYONE OUTSIDE, NOW
The not crazy students are surprised but start getting out of the classroom. Hippolytus stops dissociating too.

Masanori: Get masks on, there's a suspicious smell!
Hippolytus: Umm, I only smell flowers?
Masanori: It's weak enough that therians can barely sense it. It's some sort of drug, and I smelled it the other day too.
Krampus: These people are drugged!? Whatever the deal is, we gotta get these people out and--
Mermaid A: Step on me bro!
Krampus: You aren't even REALLY naughty, calm down girl!
Guy B: Spank me, I’ve been a BAD BOY!
Krampus: HELP???
MC: I got this! Maybe!
Plot Sword activate!

MC: It had no effect!

Masanori: Well we can't just bop them in the head in an app battle. How do we get them out gently?
Hippolytus: uhhh, let's split up! Masanori, guard the sane students! Takeminakata, Taishakuten, please hold down the cra--
Takeminakata is blocking for randos while Taishakuten is throwing hands!

Taishakuten: God DAMN do I need to kick some ass! Where's Sanat Kumara when you need him!? COME AT ME, WORLD!
Krampus, Masanori, and Hippolytus: OH NO
MC: Oh god! / wait why is it only him / I see no difference
Taishakuten: Every one of you bitches, fight me!
Takeminakata: No man, we go one on one! I'll fight you all by myself! (slaps his body) I'll handle Taishakuten, Hippolytus! In the meantime...stop this crazy thing!
Krampus: R-right. How do we do that, though? Not like we can have the students come ove--wait
Krampus remembers this one time he snuck out to see a hero show. Or be in one? Either or.

Krampus: I guess we'll just have to try it!

Krampus pushes through, climbs to a higher position, then psyches himself up!
Krampus: C-can everyone hear me!?
Randos: YES
MC: is he trying to put on a show? Kinda calm since he's not being a Black Santa / YES
---
(AB) Krampus: (okay wow it's working?)
(C) Krampus: (okay wow it's working even on MC)
---
Krampus: Cool! So I need your help guys. Who here is brave enough to help me find the villain disturbing our seasonal event class?
Randos: MEEEE
Krampus: Great! Move out, Super Dragon Squad!
MC: Nice going, Krampus! / what / omg me too!
Krampus: Okay I'm taking these guys outside. Handle everything else, MC!
MC: Thanks! / goddammit / we have to hurry!

Hippolytus: MC, we need to search for that drug! Masanori, stay outside with the other students since you can smell it!
Masanori: Understood. I suggest you search near where Taishakuten sat. If he was the only one affected, he must have sat closest to where the drug is.
MC: Makes sense / helpful! / Takeminkata!
---
(AB) Hippolytus: Takeminakata, keep Taishakuten busy!
---
Takeminakata: Okay! AAAAHHH (grabs Taishakuten and drags him near the wall)
Hippolytus: MC, get away from the drug if you do find it! My power protects me from its effects so I'll get rid of it. Also, why IS Takeminakata okay?
Takeminakata: I STUFFED MY NOSE WITH TISSUES
Hippolytus: ...w-well okay then!
Taishakuten: Hell yeah this rocks, brah!
Takeminakata: Oh you like sumo wrestling? I should've brought--no wait, I'm supposed to stall you! Bring it!
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment