Thursday, January 11, 2024

The Hazardous Private Tutor and the Dangerous Beast Part 2 (Abridged)

Shamash is the one said to have given humanity a code of law back in Babil. The true nature of his power could be called equivalence. Eye for an eye and all that between victim and perpetrator. It's a bit like the Tokyo Wall's attack reflection property, and it also means Shamash HAS to know the pain of victims, so everyone has to take the punishment for their sins. So if he ever sees someone he doesn't know and understand...
Nerima
The army prison school is doing a program for applicants from other schools!

Balor: Muster, maggots!
Purple Giant: Squad 3, all present!
Green Giant: Squad 1, all present!
Blue Giant: Squad 4, Shamash AWOL!
Balor: What? Dammit. Oh whatever, I'll just punish him when he gets back since I can't be bothered to chase after him. Rest of you, move your asses!

Kabukicho
Hawker: Come visit our host or hostess club or whatever!
MC is here on guild business.

MC: I'm going to be late! / ooh / (step it up)
Cat: Hey, we got a good deal going on in our club tonight! Wanna come?
MC: Sounds fun for a party / No thanks, busy! / (ignore)
Cat: I have fliers! Look, the menu!
Lots of interruptions by hawkers.

???: Huh, wrong person? Whatever, I'm after the same person.
Ixbalanque pulls MC back with his arm and tail!

Ixbalanque: Hey Senpai, lost without me? I'm going to a different place, but I'll take a flier. We should go before we're late. Also my guy, did you know I can call the police on you for unlawful detaining of people?
Cat: Uh, come visit another time! Bye!
The cat hawker goes to bother someone else. Ixbalanque sighs and lets go.

MC: How come you're here? / You've got plans to be somewhere around here? / are you following me
(B) Ixbalanque: Nope.
(C) Ixbalanque: Ruuude. I just happened to see you in trouble.

Ixbalanque: I've been sent on an errand. Also back up a bit, I did my good deed for the moment already.
MC steps back.
Ixbalanque: Anyways, how come you're here alone?
MC: Everyone else is busy... / I'm tough! / You seem happy about this
---
(A) Ixbalanque: Oh okay, whatever you say. You don't SEEM like someone with no friends anyway.
(B) Ixbalanque: Huh, 'kay. Watch out for anyone coming to flex on you.
(C) Ixbalanque: This job I'm on sucks so seeing you look stupid made me feel better.
---
Ixbalanque: Let's keep walking. Anyways, have you seen him?
Ixbalanque holds up his phone to show a picture of Shamash.

MC: Shamash? Not today. / You need a tutor?
(C) Ixbalanque: How are you still alive with brains like that? You'd be dead already if this was the Amazon.

Ixbalanque: But damn, you really do know everyone. We're part of the same group and he skips out of stuff. Like, a lot. I was asked to find him.
MC: Huh, that's nice of you. But why here in Kabukicho?
Ixbalanque: He's around here a lot, so I figured he'll be here now. I bet you wanna ask why, huh?
MC: Maybe he's somewhere else / Yeah / Nah, you're probably right.
---
(AB) Ixbalanque: Ugh, your instinct sucks Senpai. I said so, so he's here.
(C) Ixbalanque: !! Well damn. Barely passing on the comeback there.
---
Ixbalanque: Anyways, Shamash is badly matched against people like me. Hey Senpai, how about you help me look for him? I can look out for you until you're done with your stuff to pay you back if you're in a hurry
MC: are you hitting on me / this seems unbalanced / okay, let's go
(A) Ixbalanque: Eh, it'll be interesting having you along at least. And hey, if you turn out to be a big help we can talk favors.
(B) Ixbalanque: Well we can talk out favors owed later depending on how things go. Good luck with that.
(C) Ixbalanque: Have you considered that you might be too polite to tell people to go away?

Ixbalanque: We cool? Cool.
MC and Ixbalanque move on. Ixbalanque makes hawkers go away with just a look, so MC manages to make it to the Outlaws' place a few minutes early.

Ixbalanque: You're a guildmaster, right? Good thing you had me walking with you here. I'll wait outside. If I'm gone when you get back, I saw Shamash.
Shino walks over and eyes Ixbalanque suspiciously.

Shino: Good evening, Master. Who is that, a guard you brought along from outside?
MC: Moritaka has a kendo tournament and Tadatomo is on guard duty. People are busy.
Shino: Oh. You could have called me to pick you up then. The Summoners and Outlaws are allies!

Shino takes MC inside to a VIP room.
Ellie: Schleeepy...oh hi you.
Tsukuyomi: Hello, we have a new menu item. I can treat you if you want?
MC: Wow you're up, Ellie? / Tsukuyomi, you smell nice... / whoa you two are together here
(A) Ellie: Sleepy, but the occasional guild business won't kill me. Everyone else is standing guard. I guess that's why you came alone too?
(B) Tsukuyomi: I refreshed my cologne for you. I wish the others were here, but I guess people are busy with guild battles.
(C) Ellie: I woke up because of you, so I hope you're happy.
Tsukuyomi: Eh, relax. This isn't anything big.

This is a regular alliance meeting. Nothing's going on, so MC asks about Shamash after some small talk.
Tsukuyomi: I don't remember seeing him before. Or regularly at least. Ellie?
Ellie: I see him around at night sometimes. I'll mark it on the app map. We done for today? Sucks for you, Tsukuyomi.
Tsukuyomi: Eh, short visits are no big deal. You regretting waking up early?
Ellie: Nah. Seeing MC being same as usual amuses me a little.
Tsukuyomi: Same. MC, feel free to come see me off the clock sometime~!
MC says bye to them and heads out front. Ixbalanque is sitting nearby.

Ixbalanque: Well that was fast. Found something about Shamash-senpai to look like that?
MC: Yep / Got info / Praise me!
(AB) Ixbalanque: Really? I was just kidding. Okay, I can treat you to dinner if you have time. Let's go.
(C) Ixbalanque: Really? I was just kidding. Alright, good MC! (headpats MC)

Later
It's starting to get crowded outside.

MC: Damn / Don't get lost now / So are you and Shamash friends?
---
(A) Ixbalanque: Aww, need me to wrap my tail around you to keep you from getting lost? But yeah, this is gonna make looking for Shamash a pain in the ass. He's good at running away if nothing else.
(B) Ixbalanque: Aww, that how you try coming on strong? I can play along. But yeah, this crowd will make looking for Shamash hard since he's good at running if nothing else.
---
Ixbalanque: ...Shamash also lost a twin, like me. Also, I'm a younger brother while Shamash is an older brother. We kinda get along since we had stuff happen in our home world life. Lots of Transients in our group is like that, even if they don't know for some reason.
Wow Ixbalanque is opening up. Time for him to hide it!

Ixbalanque: Bro My brother actually made my life annoying a lot of the time. I'm used to errand running at my old school and at the army prison school's drills.
???: Ooh, what are you guys talking about?

MC: Shamash!
Shamash: Hello MC, what a coincidence seeing you here. And you Ixbalanque. Looking for something?
Ixbalanque: Yeah, you. You skipped out AGAIN and now I'm stuck doing this. I didn't expect you to choose to skip out instead of being sent out though.
MC: How long have you been watching us?
Shamash: Oh I heard you talking about me so I wanted to join in. If you two are here together, then I guess you found out a teacher like me flaked out?
Ixbalanque: Ha. You're a student too. You can actually call yourself a teacher here with a straight face? Don't you have something else to say since I had to look for your lost ass?
MC: Yeah, go Ixbalanque! / You're just going to take that, Shamash? / (watch with popcorn)

Shamash: Shouldn't you thank me since you got to see MC because of this? Or are you saying you being in a good mood has nothing to do with them?
Ixbalanque: I'm in a good mood because I found you. Seeing MC is a coincidence. YOU'RE the one in a good mood. Ooh, you like them?
Shamash: But you look upset I found you first. Were you planning on keeping your not-a-date going on some more?
Ixbalanque: I can see MC anytime. (pulls MC close) Right, Senpai?
Shamash: !?
MC: were you always like this / no? / are you asking me to marry you?
(A) Ixbalanque: :)
Shamash: You're bothering MC, let go.
Ixbalanque: (stares)
Shamash: I can't win. Please let go.
Ixbalanque: You're making me feel bad here.
(B) Shamash: Hmm. Anyways, please let go.
Ixbalanque: (blushes)
Shamash: ...umm, sorry.
Ixbalanque: Don't you go saying sorry all of a sudden. Ugh, read the room.
(C) Ixbalanque: !! Why are you escalating it? Geez, Senpai.
Shamash: Aww, cute.

Ixbalanque: Hmmmm, you seem really interested in my relationship with MC, Shamash-senpai. I might take them first if you keep going the long way around.
Shamash: Somebody's feeling extra uppity today, I see.
No one's actually mad despite all the shittalking, by the way.

Ixbalanque: Anyways, could you stop? A teacher shouldn't be telling students they're skivving off.
Shamash: Oof, I can't argue with that.
MC, Shamash, and Ixbalanque head towards Kabukicho Station.

Shamash: Balor must be mad to actually send someone to find me for once. But it's nice if I got to see you two. How about I treat you guys to something?
MC: Awesome! / Yeah I'm hungry / Shouldn't you go back now though?
Ixbalanque: What? No. Why should we play along with your cutting class?
Shamash: It's not like I can join in with the drills if I go now. Hey look, that place seems good.
MC is getting hungry.
Ixbalanque: Okay, might as well after all this way. You coming too, MC?
Shamash: I'm good on money, don't worry about that...ah!
Ixbalanque: He said we could get whatever we want MC!
Shamash: Oh no, I slipped up!

Later
Ixbalanque: I'm Best Kouhai, so I'll get our drinks and salads. MC, make sure Shamash-senpai doesn't go anywhere.
Shamash: He can be cute the way he cares about being a kouhai sometimes. I just can't hate him.
MC: Like a little brother? / same / because you're an older brother too?
(A) Shamash: Maybe.
(B) Shamash: You too? Heh, that might be the first time we're on the same wavelength. I used to have a younger twin sister, and Ixbalanque's a younger twin. Maybe we just gelled that way.
(C) Shamash: Oh, he told you that? ...yeah, maybe.

Shamash: Come to think of it, his name is similar to my sister Ishtar. (stares and smiles wryly into the distance)
Shamash: She liked flexing on and putting people in their place too. A twin's like a living what-if of yourself, especially in Tokyo. Maybe that's why I like him.
MC: It's exciting to watch him, even if he's kind of a brat. Wouldn't want him against me...
Shamash: Haha, life would be hard if he were fighting against you. Not that that stops me from wanting to keep you from him.
MC: I haven't noticed, I'm going for 1000 friends. / I like you, Shamash
---
Shamash: ...I really don't get you, but I like that.
---
Shamash: I don't know how to react here since I've always relied on my power to figure this out. Well, I can always help you if you need to talk or need to study. Oh, Ixbalanque's back. We should take our plates before he gives us grief about that.

MC and Shamash stand up. MC goes to get their things first.
Ixbalanque: Here, Senpai. And Shama--!?
MC: What? (looks back)
Wow he's gone already.

Ixbalanque: Dammit, it was just one second! Is he a ninja or something!? Ugh, is this why he sent me a text saying "have fun, I'm going back first"?
MC: I kinda figured / damn he's fast / I didn't realize he was planning it at all
Ixbalanque: Ugh, finding him again is gonna suck. He tells me a lot about how his sister's a handful, but so's he. He could stand to be more like my big bro...but then again Big Bro wouldn't have let him get away.
MC: You're actually put out by this? / I slipped up too / hey we're alone now
(C) Ixbalanque: Wow, nothing gets you down, huh? Don't get carried away now.

Ixbalanque: Don't worry about me too much. I can just tell the teachers I found him but he ran away. But it still sucks I spent all day looking for him already.
Yeah he seems upset. He tries to hide this by talking some more.

Ixbalanque: ...Shamash-senpai is like my own brother in the way he's like a nice sun. And the way it feels like he might just disappear one day...
MC: But he did just disappear, so let's keep looking. / So you weren't just stuck with errand work
---
(C) Ixbalanque: Yeah. Not like you, loitering alone in Kabukicho.
---
Ixbalanque: Having to look for him every time he skips class is annoying, but I still feel better whenever I see he's okay. Damn I sound old now. Hey, how about I catch you now and keep you from disappearing on me too?
MC: uhhhh / you already owe me / be nice, I'm new to this
---
(A) Ixbalanque: I'll be gentle, I haven't paid you back yet.
(B) Ixbalanque: dammit you remember?
(C) Ixbalanque: Just walking right into a trap yourself, huh? I'll be gentle.
---
And so MC and Ixbalanque eat and talk for a bit before going back outside to look around Kabukicho.

Some back alley
Mobster: SHIT SOMEBODY'S CHASING ME
Shamash: Nothing personal, but you need to be punished for your sins.
Flashback!
Shamash: Who hurt you, we shall pay them back
Yellow: I can't pay
Shamash: It's fine, we don't want you to dirty your hands
Present
Mobster: You're that revenge contractor!?
Shamash: Yes. We cannot let your victim wallow in misery and vengeance, so we will punish you instead.
Mobster: Creep! You'll never take me down!
The mobster attempts to shoot Shamash, but Shamash takes his gun and pushes him down!

Shamash: Equal suffering for equal suffering. Unless you repent? No? Okay fine. Noble Phantasm activate!

Kabukicho
Ixbalanque: Ooh, Qursha? I wanna play him.
MC: So competitive / He'll be happy about that / I wanna watch!
Ixbalanque: You wanna come? You can join him and play against m--
???: AAAAAA
MC: What!? That way!
Ixbalanque: Wait a sec! Oh goddammit.
Alley

MC: It was this way!
Shamash jumps away as the mobster falls over!

MC: Who was that I couldn't see. Anyways, you okay?
The mobster gets back up and runs away! Ixbalanque runs in.

MC: What? Ixbalanque, did you see someone else here?
Ixbalanque: Hey my kinetic vision is awesome, thank you. But I only saw someone I never saw before. That other guy had a gun, so we should stay out of it. He seemed fine anyways, so let's just go, Senpai.

Later
Ixbalanque (text): I told MC I just saw someone I never saw before. I won't ask what you were doing. Aren't I a great kouhai?
Shamash: ...thanks, but I wished this stayed secret from you too. At least MC doesn't know. I'll make up for things and treat them to something better next time. And now it's time to dress normally instead of a club dancer and go home.
Shamash turns around and takes a step.

Shamash: ...I'm surprised MC came running. Now I'm even more interested than I thought I'd be. Maybe I'll see them one more time before going back. Wonder how Ixbalanque would react to that?
And so Shamash goes back, the neon lights of the city shining on the new passion coloring his face.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment