Sunday, October 4, 2026

Afterschool Treasure Odyssey Episode 1 Part 2 (Abridged)

Volkh: Your artifact gives you Invisibility AND Monstrous Strength?
Alberich: I know, sweet deal isn't it? I can take 12 men with this! Maybe! Okay maybe not. But I still become Super Alberich!
Volkh: Interesting. The invisibility bonuses are wasted when you yell like you did though.
Hermes: (That power combo sounds OP. Also sounds like it should be nerfed, so that's probably not its actual nature. Just gotta keep watch.)
Alberich: Fun fact, I can share Invisibility if I touch someone!
Ashigara: Oh my god really!?
MC: Make me invisible too! / Ooh, tactical options / Invisibility best power
(A) Alberich: Well if we keep going, it might happen, like, sometime. Alright dear! Just kiss my feet later and we'll make magic happen!
(B) Volkh: Indeed... if Captain Loudmouth could ever shut up.
(C) Hermes: ...well damn I can tell what you're thinking about. How do you keep clean with all that drool?

Sitri: I-it's a cool power, but sneaking with Invisibility isn't that badass though! ...but it's still more combat oriented than my Charm and Persuasion ability. Not really a sweeper's tool...
Alberich: That reminds me... did I ever make love potions? Ohohoho, I must have with pansies! Oh, the scandals I must have caused, maybe!
Volkh: A love potion with pansies!? Same as what Hippolytus did?
Sitri: Scandals, huh? I guess I've caused an incident like that...
MC: I think I remember that? I forget / (put a hand on Volkh's shoulder) / (put a hand on Sitri's shoulder)
(A) Sitri: So you were around for both those things, MC-senpai? Do you make these things happen!? But yeah, I wish I had a combat artifact! A romance one isn't badass!
(B) Volkh: Ow, one of my old scars!
Sitri: Wow... But yeah, I wish I had a combat artifact! A romance one isn't badass!
(C) Sitri: S-stop looking at me like that. I'm better at controlling my power since back then, but yeah I wish I had a combat artifact! A romance artifact isn't badass!

Alberich: I agree! Money and power is better than love!
Sitri: Wait, that's not what I was getting at...
Ashigara: I wish I had your power, Sitri! Popularity on demand!
Sitri: A big strong dude like you is a playboy too!?
Ashigara: (GASP!)
Hermes: I mean, sure love causes problems in a world ruled by love. Happens all the time in Olympus. But Alberich, why'd you make a love potion if you care about money more?
Alberich: Hmm...why indeed? Well whatever! Everything I said is true, maybe!
Hermes: Uh-huh. You caring about the gold here seems legit at least.
Volkh: On another note, what power do you have Hermes? I need to know for battle planning, like how MC has Severance and Ashigara has Restoration.
Hermes: Tee hee, details on yours first.
Volkh: W-what?
Hermes signals MC to keep quiet, then hums and changes the topic.

Hermes: Hey, I think we're close to the island on our map.
Ashigara: What? How can you tell if you never looked at it?
Hermes: We got birds flying around.

Later
Ashigara: Oh my god this beach is AWESOME!
Pretty beach.

Sitri: I can't believe Ashigara acts like a big boy...
Ashigara: Let's have fun Sitri! Forget about everything else!
Sitri: ...okay fine. N-not like I wanted to play on the beach or anything, baka.
Later
Sitri: OH MY GOD THE WATER'S SO CLEAR
Sitri and Ashigara are playing in the water! Alberich, Volkh, and MC are lying down on lounge chairs.

Alberich: The sea is beautiful, but salt water? Super gross on my skin. Also I can't reach my back to put on sunscreen to protect my luscious silky skin!
Volkh: I question laying back like this during a race, but I don't actually care that much about the treasure either. But this is much more relaxing than Kitezh's freezing cold. Cold drinks are great, but the sea breeze makes my fur stiff.
MC: (help Alberich) / (brush Volkh)
(A) Alberich: Well aren't you considerate for a peasant, dear? Alright, put your hands everywhere!
(B) Volkh: WHAT? ...alright I shall allow this, and not because you are good with your hands. A-ahem, you may touch my tail as well. Definitely not because your brushing feels good.

Alberich: Ahh, what a beautiful summer day! Just like me, maybe! ...wait, why are those mermaids calling me ugly? Ugh, they must not have eyes... ah! AAH! Flashbacks of questionable origins!
Suddenly Hermes comes back.

Hermes: I guess you DO have muddled memories. They're weirdly contradictory but somehow you don't seem to be lying. Oh well whatever, I'll just chill doing whatever.
MC: join us / pretty chill for someone after the treasure / (sus)
---
(A) Hermes: Sure.
(B) Hermes: Eh, I only care about it as much as you do. But for now, sea breeze!
(C) Hermes: What? Let's just sit here and enjoy the sea breeze.
---
Hermes: Good things come to those who wait, right? Not like we have leads, so we may as well wait for something to happen.
Hermes lies down. Sitri and Ashigara walk over.

Alberich: Mm, chill. Maybe I should smoke a pipe like Ahab!
Sitri: Hey, no smoking! Especially around minors!
Ashigara: Yeah!

Suddenly yelling!
???: DID SOMEONE SAY SUMO KING
Ashigara: (GASP!) That familiar voice!
Surprised party!
Yasuyori and Takeminakata are here!

Yasuyori and Takeminakata: Assassin Group 1 here!
Ashigara: WHAT
Hermes: Hey look something happened.
MC: Takeminakata! / Yasuyori! / Assassins? What?
(A) Takeminakata: MC! Today I am a beach boy instead of a city boy. I'd be both but I'm covered in sweat...
Yasuyori: I apologize for only being in fundoshi. I had something more summery but then picked something better for beach training...
Awkward duo.

Yasuyori: Ahem, Lord Aegir sent us to be assassins!
(B) Yasuyori: Hello Lord MC! Fitting summer wear you have. I apologize, my own summer wear got too sweaty...
Takeminakata: Same! Too bad it's hard to have something fashionable and summery for long...
Awkward duo.

Yasuyori: Ahem, Lord Aegir sent us to be assassins.
(C) Takeminakata: That's what Lord Aegir said, right Yasuyori?
Yasuyori: Indeed, we're here on his orders.

Yasuyori: We decided on our paths and signed on a summer job contract with Toyosu.
Ashigara: (GASP!)
Takeminakata: Yasuyori invited me along. Wow, now that I decided on my path I have so much time.
Ashigara: (GASP!)
Takeminakata: Then we got distracted training and didn't notice you here at first.
Yasuyori: Yes. I'm a little tired, but I'm warmed up!
Volkh: ...let's back up a moment. Aegir never mentioned anything like this to us.
Yasuyori: Oh! Lord Aegir stationed assassins like us along your treasure hunt paths!
Takeminakata: And if you beat us, we'll give you a hint on where to go!
Yasuyori: Also Lord Aegir let us set up our own challenges.
MC: welp
Yasuyori: And so we challenge you to beach sumo! But with a special rule in place!
Volkh: Which is?
Takeminakata: It'll be a 2v2 sumo match right here! Last one standing wins title of Sumo King!
Sitri: is that an actual sumo title?
Alberich: I see! As king, I shall witness this contest!
Yasuyori: If I may, I'll designate your participants: Ashigara and MC.
MC: Okay! / please go easy / but I'm the only sumo rookie involved!
Ashigara: How DARE you guys choose to leave me behind. See how resolved I am to stay back in school!
Yasuyori: excuse me?
Takeminakata: I dunno.
Yasuyori and Takeminakata: Oh well. Fight us!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Ashigara, Yasuyori, and Takeminakata: AAAAAA
Lots of body slamming!

Sitri: Wow... wait, we have to cheer on Senpai and Ashigara!
Ashigara: I'm staying back a year and nobody's gonna stop me!
Volkh: Such leg strength! All of them would be worth inviting to Setagaya. Too bad they've already decided on where to go, but at least it isn't Toyosu.
Alberich: Ohohoho, so this is sumo!
Hermes: Not really??? ...I'm glad I don't have to be in there. I coulda used Reversal to win it, but being in there is beyond dangerous!
MC: BITCH I'M ALREADY IN HERE / (too busy surviving to yell)

MC looks for an opening! Ashigara goes all in on a frontal assault!
Takeminakata: Oh no, Ashigara is pushing us back by himself now!
Yasuyori: Is that really his plan!?
Ashigara sees an opening!

Ashigara: SUMO THRUST!
Double ring out!

Ashigara: Whoo... ya see that!?
MC: OH NO GET OUT OF THE WAY
Ashigara: wait what? Oof! ...oh.
Ashigara gets pushed out the ring by MC's charge!

Sitri: A pushout from behind!?
Alberich: Oh, is it over? Ahem, I now pronounce MC the Beach Sumo King!
Ashigara: (GAAAASP!)
First set of assassins defeated! Ashigara goes to be depressed by the water.

Ashigara: I can't believe I got thrown out by a pushout from behind...
The other sumo wrestlers come to talk.

Yasuyori: Well done, Ashigara.
Takeminakata: Agreed!
Ashigara: I only won because you two were tired...
Takeminakata: I don't understand why you're all sad, but I'm looking forward to next time! Maybe our paths will cross again and we'll be teammates again.
Ashigara: wait...
Takeminakata: Yeah, maybe we'll find new friends next match!
Ashigara: Takeminakata... I...
Yasuyori: Ever since I entered Yoyogi, I believe the present matters for us all. And I hope you might start thinking so too one day.
Ashigara: Yasuyori...
MC: Yasuyori's right / it's still sad! / I'm on your side, Ashigara!

Ashigara: MC... so the present matters because I joined Yoyogi...
Ashigara thinks. Volkh puts a hand on his shoulder.

Volkh: Ashigara, you have your own path. You would be welcome in Setagaya if you wish to join! But you may think all you like about where you want to go.
Alberich: If you're that good, why not climb to more fabulous stages?
Hermes: Blunt, yet true.
Sitri: I'm lost in life too, but if I was as strong as you I think I could be confident and move forward. My worries are kinda different, but I still kinda wish I had your problems. But then, I'm not you and dunno what you're thinking.
Yasuyori: Hmm, makes sense. Well, we may separate for a bit but we'll be stronger next time we meet. I had fun together, and I'll always remember it. If you continue on the path of sumo, I'm sure we'll meet again. And I'm sure Gunzo and Kyuma think the same.
Ashigara: ...WAAAAAH! I'm so happy! But also so SAAAAD!
MC: (pat on head) / (smile) / (cry even harder)
Ashigara: Waaaah!
Hermes: Welp, that's done with.
Volkh: Yes, but it took some time. Perhaps we should settle for the night.
Sitri: But assassins though. Think the other team had some too?

MC thinks of the other team...
MC: (think of Ikutoshi) / (think of Gunzo) / (think of Tetsugyuu) / (think of Motosumi)
Rewind!
---
(A) Ikutoshi: Cool, some real training. Come at me.
Gunzo: Why is this happening!?
(B) Gunzo: Why is this happening!?
(C) Tetsugyuu: So many pirates! Too bad Boss isn't here, but this will be fun!
Gunzo: No it won't! Why is this happening!?
(D) Motosumi: What? More goddamn pirates? Well at least y'all look less shit than the last crew!
Gunzo: That isn't good! Why is this happening!?
---
Gunzo: First Ashigara-senpai and MC are on the other team, now this!? AND THEN WE HAVE TO FIGHT A BUNCH OF GIRLS!?
Suzuka: Are you being sexist right now!?
Ibaraki: And I ain't no girl, asshole! I mean, ohohoho! It's payday for the Outlaws!
Gunzo: AAAAAA
Tetsugyuu: Wow, I'm actually up against Sis Suzuka.
Suzuka: What the hell are you saying, you idiot!?
Ibaraki: Yeah! You joined the treasure hunt as a regular civvie when you heard MC would be in so we got hired as assassins instead! ...or so Ibaraki told me!
Ikutoshi: wait what
Motosumi: Wait, Tetsugyuu. You knew they'd be coming?
Tetsugyuu: Yeah. Didn't you guys?
Rest of Team B: NO???
Tetsugyuu: oh

Later
Ashigara: OH MY GOD THIS IS GOOD
Dinner time! Dinner's fancier tonight to help make Ashigara feel better.

Sitri: Yeah! Hermes, your lobster paella's especially great!
Volkh: The ingredient quality is high, but also you seem to be talented at cooking.
Hermes: Lotsa camp experience. And one of my recent jobs has me in the kitchen sometimes.
Alberich: Oh honey, this roast is fabulously luxurious! Just like a pirate! Hermes, play something!
Hermes: Crack that whip harder, why don'tcha? But sure, later.
Takeminakata: Is it really okay for us to join for dinner?
Ashigara: I want you guys here! Maybe I'll make some special seafood stew too... too bad Gunzo's on the other team and Kyuma's at a tournament.
MC: you have no chill, but I get the feeling
Yasuyori: Ashigara, let's all spend time together when we get back. Can't go wasting it on regrets.
Ashigara: I-I know! I've at least decided not to waste the present!
Happy party.

Ashigara: I'll remember everything that happens tonight!
And so the night of pleasantry goes on. A bittersweet sadness remains, but Ashigara laughs as he commits the experience to memory.

End of Episode 

No comments:

Post a Comment