MC: (wakes up) umm...
Obsidius: Oh hey you woke up. That's good.
MC has woken up somewhere different with Obsidius in an old timey prison uniform.
MC: Obsidius!? / where are we? / what's with the getup
---
(A) Obsidius: What? We've been together all day.
(B) Obsidius: You don't remember?
(C) Obsidius: You're dressed the same way!
---
Obsidius: Okay I guess you did bang your head hard. Ugh, this sucks.
Yep, MC's dressed the same as Obsidius. Some techno bracelet, check. Phone, check. Prison collar, check.
MC: wait what
MC sees a prison past Obsidius.
MC: wait / we're in prison!? / Okay this isn't too surprising but still!
---
(B) Obsidius: I get it, but chill.
(C) Obsidius: The hell did you do? It's not that tho, so chill.
---
Obsidius: Anyways it's about lunch time. God this sucks.
Lunch trays get slid in. Paste, a mystery meat block, and some green drink.
MC: what space dystopia did I wake up in
Obsidius: well we gotta eat if we're gonna break out
MC: what
Obsidius: Guess I better explain how we got here. Okay, so...
Rewind!
Reporter A: We're live in Nagoya's port district for a special report on the Hero Expo!
Parallel Flight
Ryekie: Our stuff made it okay to the expo! I'm so excited!
Mokdai: Same. But also nerves are killing me!
Ryekie finishes a phone call. Mokdai's watching TV.
MC: oh so that's why we've been busy / what's the diff between the Hero Expo and Summer Fest?
Mokdai: Oh right, your first time! Sorry I forgot to explain.
Ryekie: It's like a trade fair for heroes and Operators! And it happens every few years in a different place like the Olympics. The agencies that get a space through a lottery draw put on shows and exhibition matches!
Mokdai: Yep. PR and interagency relationship building.
Ryekie: Big business chance! Plus it's our first time getting to go as Parallel Flight!
Mokdai: That's why I've been making promo vids, but the production costs keep going up, ahhh!
MC: oh okay, cool!
Akashi: Sui, please switch events with me! I can't handle a live interview!
Sui: No. They asked you specifically for that, and I'm busy working on my own bit.
Crowne: Just do it, Akashi. If you flub your lines like last time, well people will know you're just like that.
Akashi: Oh... wait, don't bring that up!
MC: Good luck Akashi! / what are you making, Sui? / you sure are calm, Crowne
(A) Akashi: YOU'RE MAKING IT WORSE
(B) Sui: Secret. But come by later if you want to see.
(C) Crowne: Is that a compliment? Heh, cute tho.
Exio: Okay, so Monomasa and I are sitting out. Oh hey there's a hot spring near the expo location. Wanna go?
Yoshiori: Oh my god, you two going there alone!? Oh, wait. Is something up? Since this is a big public exam, you said we should stay away from it. Though I dunno how things would go if I went.
Exio: Eh, it should be fine for you to go. Though then again normal people can't see you so...
Monomasa: Exio, I'm interested in the hot spring. Plus we'll be close if anything happens.
Yoshiori: You shut up! You said you'd stay away from the expo area!
Monomasa: But I am? It'll be a station away.
MC: so you'll be near whatever happens / worried for me, Exio? / relax and do your own thing
(B) Exio: ...well aren't you cheery? Fine, yes I am. Happy?
(C) Monomasa: Hmm, guess I shouldn't worry too much
Yoshiori: Melide say something
Melide: What? I wasn't listening.
Monomasa: Melide you've been spacing out all morning. Is it because you skipped breakfast?
Melide: N-no, I just didn't want any.
Mokdai: Melide, you have to eat!
Sui: I'm sensing some bias from all the takeout and instant noodle cups in your garbage can.
Mokdai: I-I've just been busy editing! I do eat healthy on weekends!
Sui: I guess that's okay? Maybe?
MC: both are problems / I'm worried for you two / oof, friendly fired
---
(A) Mokdai: OOF
Melide: I know...
---
Melide looks away and seems concerned about her stomach.
Melide: (sigh)
Huckle: Oh hey, everyone's here. I have a message for everyone going.
Huckle hands out bags for the main gang. MC gets a text.
MC: A checkup?
Huckle: Yup, mandatory for all first timers. The medical data also goes into your files and ID for better networking. MC, here's your bag.
Huckle hands over some kit.
Mokdai: Oh right, this will be my first expo as a hero!
Yoshiori: I haven't been checked since enlisting. Bleh.
Huckle: It's just for a day and it'll help your job.
Akashi: ...wait, where's the exam happening?
Huckle: Oh right, we'll be told the day of. We'll be taking a shuttle at the space port.
Sui: ...it's happening on a space ship?
Huckle: Yep. It's called...
MC: Medship Ophiucus 1?
Title Card: Keep It Breezy
Giant ship! Very clean feeling. Everyone's riding the bus that gets lifted in. Tons of people there.
Akashi: Wow, it's huge...
Crowne: It's the biggest ship in the Earth Sphere at max axes 570 m by 210 m. I did help with building it, but I didn't think it'd the test flight would be happening already.
Sui: All these people are new heroes and Operators?
Ryekie: There's some veterans, but I hear rookies number at least in the hundreds! There usually isn't that many newbies at once, but maybe it's related to there being more Monsters?
Okitaka: Howdy, y'all! Haven't seen ya in a blue moon.
Mokdai: Okitaka! Are you here leading things?
Okitaka: Sorta. Bit o' business collab, bit o' inspection, and here with the new guys.
Barrel: Heyo!
Furlong: H-hello. Nice weather today.
Barrel: What are you nervous about?
Furlong: W-we're flying. And there's so many people...
MC: Hi Okitaka! / Yay, Barrel! / There there, Furlong
(A) Okitaka: Hey, how's it hangin'? Wanna get lunch together? My treat.
(B) Barrel: Yay, MC! This exam's gonna be fun!
Furlong: Fun, how? Ow, your tail's hitting me!
(C) Furlong: R-right, I just need to not look outside. Weird how my acrophobia doesn't manifest during hero time.
Okitaka: Well if it ain't the Invisible Soldier himself. Heard all about ya thru the grapevine, can't wait to see ya in action!
Yoshiori: Get away from me!
Okitaka: Boo, yer no fun.
MC: wow / so Yoshiori hates that type of people... / is he really a big shot
Obsidius: S'up, people! Didn't expect to see so many familiar faces.
Akashi: Obsidius! ...wait, new heroes in Heroic Educators would mean--
Kyoichi: Yep, me! Nice ass, Aka-(bonk)-ahh!
Akashi: Welp. But are you really a new hero, Senpai?
Kyoichi: I just became one barely earlier than you guys!
Obsidius: Yeah, he's one of four new heroes in our agency. We also got two new Operators. I'm here to guide them.
MC: damn, you're big / hey Kyoichi~ / wow, so many people I know
(A) Obsidius: Thanks! Gotta keep up the workout in the lab! Wanna feel?
(B) Kyoichi: Aww, hey MC. How about you and I--
Akashi: I didn't know you wanted your ass kicked, Senpai
Kyoichi: I'm sorry, never mind.
Akashi: MC, stop giving him ideas!
Obsidius: Oh, you guys got a new girl? Hey, I'm Obsidius.
Melide: Huh? Oh, I'm Melide. Wow, you're big...
Obsidius: Comes with working with rocks all day!
Melide: You're sweet. I'm glad you're not scary.
Obsidius: What!? MC, am I scary!?
MC: you're intense? / nah / well this is cute
Plot twist!
???: Excuse me, are you all from the shuttles from Orient City?
It's Shidemasu!
Ryekie: Ahh! The Raidark insurance agent!
Shidemasu: Indeed. I am Hanemaru Shidemasu, and I will be observing the hero exams. Pleased to meet you.
MC: Hi I'm MC / what / Hot!
(A) Shidemasu: Yes, I've heard of you. Pleased to meet you.
Akashi: Okay wow he's nicer than he looks. Also what insurance?
(C) Akashi: You're into that!? Also what insurance?
Shidemasu: I say hero insurance, but it's insurance for heroes and Operators to cover medical and collateral.
Okitaka: It comes with the biz. People take national insurance, then add on private insurance. Wait, don't they tell y'all this when ya sign up?
Ryekie: UHHHH kinda forgot since we hadn't signed anyone on for a while after Mokdai! But we gave out pamphlets and paperwork, right!?
Mokdai: UMMMM I think I signed stuff???
MC: welp / yeah there was a lot / I think I saw something like that
Shidemasu: Oh right, you have hired new people. Would you like to buy insurance now? Join now and I can throw in hero suit insurance.
Ryekie: ASK HUCKLE! Actually why are you here!?
Shidemasu: Oh, whoops. I ran over trying to sell insurance and got ahead of myself.
Yoshiori: Damn, tell us how you really feel.
Shidemasu: Allow me to welcome you to the Ophiucus 1.
Shidemasu: To explain, this ship is a flying hospital that flies anywhere to offer service. The flight, environmental controls, medical services, and almost all other business is handled by the central computer AI Rasalhague. We hope you have a pleasant flight as you take your medical exam.
Sui: Wow, an AI handles all those different areas?
Crowne: I kinda wanna see this thing myself now.
MC: is that where tech is these days? / did nobody learn from Battle Network / omg so hi tech
Ding dong, announcement time!
PA System: Attention please. Last bus to and from Orient City departing momentarily. All outbound passengers please head to the space bus deck station.
Ryekie: Oh, that's us! Have a nice checkup!
Okitaka: I'mma get off too, then head back to Osaka from Orient City.
Obsidius: I'll bail too! Got work to do.
Shidemasu: Actually Okitaka and Obsidius, I need you two to stay.
Obsidius: What? Why?
Okitaka: Yeah, the bus is leavin' soon.
Shidemasu: Your agencies are ordering you both to get examined as well.
Obsidius and Okitaka: WHAT
Obsidius: But why tho!?
Okitaka: Yeah! I got examined forever ago!
Shidemasu: As I understand, you've both been dodging your regular checkups, so your agencies want you to do take it here where you can't run. Heroic Educators management in particular said, "do it bitch."
Obsidius: RUDE! I mean it's true I've been dodging checkups busy, but still! I thought they finally stopped bugging me about it, so why...!?
Obsidius has a flashback!
Rakta: Your agency told me they want you to do a full checkup. Would you like to book an appointment?
Obsidius: Nah. I promise I'll do it later?
Rakta: They also told me you said that for two years. I think they'll try something if you don't go yourself.
Present
Obsidius: Oh. I KNEW something was up when they asked me to take the newbies over!
Okitaka remembers something too.
Okitaka: ...wait.
Flashback!
Okitaka: Mkay, I'mma go now Ichi! Hold the fort until I get back!
Seiichirou: It'll be a while, but I guess. "Keep it breezy" as they say down south.
Okitaka: Weird, but okay?
Present
Okitaka: I CAN'T BELIEVE HE SET ME UP
Whining Obsidius and Okitaka.
MC: welp / I wonder how Rakta is? / I didn't know Seiichirou could speak country
Kyoichi: Yeah, sorry we knew Obsidius. He told us to keep quiet.
Obsidius: WHAT!? Who!?
Kyoichi: Marfik.
Obsidius: UGH! I know he means well but STILL!
Barrel: We weren't told, but we do kinda worry about you Vice Commander.
Furlong: Oh right, he did look different after the exam notice came in.
Okitaka: AND Y'ALL DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ME!?
Ryekie: Welp, have fun with that! Bye!
Yoshiori: ...I didn't know Justice knew how to ragebait people.
Melide: I think he sincerely means that.
MC: Yeah, Ryekie can't lie.
Ding dong!
PA System: Attention, please. Checkups will be starting soon. Please go to your assigned lockers and change, starting with ID numbers...
Plot twist!
???: WAIT
Something stomps down the stairs this way!
Bygul: S-sorry I'm late! I'm here for the hero checkups!
Shaft: Wait, you still haven't paid for your space taxi ride!
Round cat and Shaft appear!
Bygul: Oh, right! ...wait, what!?
Shaft: Oh no, wait, I need to recalculate this since I got a little lost on the way here!
Bygul: You got a LOT lost! Also I can't pay, please help!
MC: what? / Shaft? / cute cat
(C) Bygul: O-oh, you mean me? Wow thanks, hehe...
Sui: Not really the time for that, MC.
Shaft: Oh, MC! I picked up this passenger at Orient City, then...
Bygul: It's not my fault! Except for the parts where I missed the bus and forgot the exam location! But not the part where we somehow went to Osaka instead of here!
Yyyyyep, that's a big ass space taxi fare. Something ain't right.
Mokdai: Shaft, you got lost again?
Shaft: ...y-yes.
MC: welp / I'll help calculate your fare / well it's not as bad as last time!
---
(C) Yoshiori: The hell you mean not as bad as last time???
---
Depressed Shaft redoes his math.
Bygul: Big cities are scary! But still, I'm finally here in the holy land! Once I finish the checkup, I can start winning at life!
Bygul goes to tap on the check in terminal. Shocked everyone present!
Bygul: oh no
Bygul accidentally smushes the terminal into the ground!
MC: okay wow what / look Mokdai, you're not alone anymore!
(C) Mokdai: Hey I never did anything like that!
Akashi: well damn
Shidemasu: Bygul, yes? I can check you in and tack on the repair fees.
Bygul: Sorry...
Depressed Bygul.
Shaft: Okay Bygul, I've redone the space taxi fare. Can you pay this?
click
Shaft: Okay thank you. Sorry about that, thank you for riding with us. Now, excuse me...
Shidemasu: Wait, are you Todoroki Shaft? Global Drivers Union has requested that you be examined.
Shaft: ...wait, they did? Sorry I forgot about it. I'll park my taxi!
Shaft runs off. Bygul yells at the ceiling!
Bygul: I'm not gonna let this get me down!
Meanwhile, in the Ophiucus 1 main computer room
Rasalhague: ...deploying barrier and jammers. Commencing the Plan™.
End of Episode
No comments:
Post a Comment