Sunday, September 20, 2026

Afterschool Treasure Odyssey Prologue Part 1 (Abridged)

One summer day, a short dude is looking at some poster. This guy traded his love in the world for a crap ton of cursed gold, and at one point in time a thief took it and threw it everywhere. The short man disappeared, which happened because he lost his role and stopped being a person instead of resolving his regrets. And now he's here again with some level of amnesia.
Alberich: Treasure hunting? Gold...?
Alberich is missing Something, and it wasn't until he saw the poster that he had any hunch as to what.

Alberich: Hmm... Tokyo seems cool! And I need to find this gold! It calls to me! I'll go find it, and I'll find whatever it is I'm missing! Maybe! Hahaha!

Rewinding a week! End of term tests are done and summer vacation is happening!
Ryouta: Yay, summer vacation! And for summer vacation, we gotta have--
Kengo: FIGHTING!
Ryouta: Yeah! ...wait. No, I was going to say ice cream as friends!
Shirou: That makes sense, but where did fighting come from?
Kengo: Look what someone sent me!
It's a letter!

Shirou: "Meet me on the roof after school." Nice writing, but probably not by the sender?
Touji: Who sends letters of challenge in this day and age?
Kengo: But what else could it be?
MC: Hmm / Exciting! / a love letter?
---
(A) Kengo: Yep! A classic Japanese fight challenge!
Ryouta: From the 80s or something.
(B) Kengo: Yeah!
Shirou: MC, no!
(C) Kengo: W-wait, would anyone write me one? It's gonna be weird if it is!
---
Kengo: I'mma go check it out!
Shirou: Don't get into a fight literally before vacation starts!
Kengo: Stay away, I gotta 1v1 this!

Later
Of course the gang all goes up.

Ryouta: (Well this IS interesting worrying!)
Shirou: (which is it? still, we can't let anything happen)
Touji: (so why are we hiding behind the door instead of walking out there?)
Shirou: (uh, it'd be awkward if it IS a confession, even if it's one in a million!)
Ryouta: (yeah. see anything, MC?)
MC: nah, might need to open the door more. wait don't push!
The gang falls out onto the rooftop area!

Kengo: What the hell guys!?
It's Kengo and...

Sitri: What!? ...MC-senpai!?
Ryouta: help. get off me.
Touji: Apologies, are you okay!?
Shirou: Sitri!? ...you wrote that?
MC: nice handwriting / a rebellion!? / so it WAS a love letter
(A) Sitri: Oh, thanks, hehe. Wait, why are you here and why do you all know about it!?
(B) Sitri: What? No! I mean I do want to win against Kengo-senpai one day but still!
(C) Sitri: NO??? I'd never do something like that!

Confused Sitri.
Sitri: Uhhh... oh hey, look at this!
Fancy pamphlet.

Ryouta: Summer Treasure Hunting event? Wow!
Shirou: A Toyosu-sponsored outreach event? Like a camp thing.
Kengo: I was about to ask Sitri why he's talking about it with me.
Everyone looks at Sitri.

Sitri: So, um. I was thinking about what high school to go later. But also, I thought this treasure hunting event seemed cool, but as a middle schooler I can't go without at least a high schooler chaperone. Dad's busy working and buying milk, so I can't ask him...
Kengo: Aww, I get it. In that case--
Shirou: NO

Kengo: BUT WHY THO!? Actually why are you getting into my business anyways!?
Shirou: wait is this what it's like to be a dad!? I mean, don't you already have stuff to do this time of year?
Ryouta: oh right, summer school
Touji: that makes sense
Kengo: Hey! I know I always have summer school but still! *(thinks)* ...summer school can wait! Because friendship!
Shirou: No??? You'll be held back a year if you don't go!
Sitri: Oh no!
Kengo: ...but don't you still want to go to the event, Sitri?
Sitri: It's cool! I'll just ask someone else! whoever that is... ugh, I GUESS I can ask Bathym. Unless there's some other badass I can ask...
MC: Hello, badass speaking.
Sitri: R-really? Wow, that'd be great!
Kengo: What!? Wait, MC you don't need to go to summer school!?
Sitri: Thanks, Senpai!
Ryouta: Yay! Bring me back a present!
Touji: Hmm, treasure hunting in an ocean singularity in Tokyo Bay. Won't it be dangerous?
Shirou: Well if Toyosu organized this for students it should be okay. Aegir's listed as in charge, and Dagon should be there too.
MC: fingers crossed / bring it!
Kengo: Well it should be fine if MC's there. I wish I could go!
Sitri: Yay, thanks again MC-senpai!

Meanwhile at Toyosu
Dagon: So how's That Thing coming along?
Aegir: Well MY treasure hunt for cool peeps is working out perfectly!
Dagon: How devious of you to indulge your hobby with a student oriented event. Not worried about fraud allegations for your early recruitment drive?
Aegir: Pffft, YOU said open recruitment would cause problems. And this ain't fraud! It totally is a treasure hunt, and I'm pretty sure there's something good out there. Sure the school is funding it, but I'm paying outta pocket too!
Dagon: And what ever is all this money for?
Naughty professors.

Aegir: Entertainment for everyone! So nobody will ever figure out that I was up to looking for people!

Also meanwhile in Setagaya
Volkh: A treasure hunt?
Perun: Indeed. What do you make of it?
Volkh: A pretext for a plot. A school recruitment drive, specifically. Likely for a college to pick up students early.
Perun: Indeed. I also sent the Agents to confirm as much. Someone underestimates us! So we must use this event for our own ends!
Volkh: How so?
Perun: Go join this event and steal students for OUR school!
Volkh: L-like a spy!? I have neither Presence Concealment nor Independent Action! Nor will I have territory bonuses out at sea! In the middle of enemy camp!
Perun: And here I thought you were good at your job. It's still a leisure event so you could relax while recruiting. Unless you aren't happy with the idea?
Volkh: N-no, milord! I swear to fulfill all your orders ~~no matter how outrageous~~!
Perun: Good! This won't cut into your leave requests.
Volkh: O-oh, thank you sir!

The night before the treasure hunt event. MC's in their room packing up.
Solomon: (poof) I see you're walking into some nonsense again. Do you know anyone who's going to the ocean singularity? Who knows what Aegir will do!
MC: it'll be cool / I'M DOOMED / (pet him)
(A) Solomon: Something happens literally anytime you do something! You're getting used to it is very concerning, Master!
(B) Solomon: Noooo, don't jinx it! This is a ploy for my attention, isn't it? Is that how little you think I care!?
(C) Solomon: Oooooh. I know you're distracting me but okay.

knock knock
Solomon: Who could be knocking this late? Well, promise you'll come back okay!
Solomon poofs away. MC opens the door.

Triton: Sorry for coming so late. Were you going to bed?
MC: packing up / read me a story / naaaughty
---
(A) Triton: Oh okay. Mononobe told me you were going, so I came to say be careful.
(B) Triton: Is this what I get for worrying about you!? Well I heard you were going to the Toyosu event from Mononobe. Be careful.
(C) Triton: Don't be weird! Well, sorry to come late. Heard you were going to the Toyosu treasure hunt. Be careful.
---
Triton: Well if Dagon is there, it should be okay?
Triton with mixed feelings.

Triton: It's not like I mistrust him! I trust him as much as myself! Well, have fun and come back.
And so the adventure begins as everyone gathers tomorrow.

End of episode part 

No comments:

Post a Comment